AVP Risk Control Unit
- Ensure the operational risk and compliance frameworks are effectively implemented within Group Operations (GO) to ensure operational and compliance risks are being managed appropriately in a proactive manner and risk based approach.
- Promote strong operational risk management and compliance culture for all the units in GO.
- Ensure adherence to relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures in the identification, assessment, mitigation, control and monitoring of risk. Ensure sufficient follow through by management on actions to mitigate identified operational risk and compliance exposure.
- Ensure relevant policies by the Bank are effectively embedded within GO. Facilitate the effective implementation of relevant operational risk management and compliance tools, e.g. Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA), Key Risk Indicator (KRI), Control Issue Management (CIM), Control Evaluation Testing (CET) and Incident Reporting.
- Ensure incidents, losses, policy deviations, and ORM tools' exceptions are recorded, reviewed for improvement and reported. Engage appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely remedial actions and escalation of situations that pose significant risks.
- Lead and perform investigations / assurance reviews of units or functions within GO to determine the effectiveness of processes and controls within GO, and also when there are negative operational risk exposures / incidents.
- Value add to GO by identifying new and emerging risks and providing operational risk advice.
- Provide relevant and timely operational risk advice, ensuring that the operational risk implications of changes are anticipated and clearly signaled to appropriate stakeholders. Escalate to appropriate stakeholders when operational risk threaten to breach tolerances.
- Lead training efforts to promote risk management and compliance culture within GO. Ensure gaps are identified and staffs are suitably trained on operational risk and compliance.
- Actively monitor audit and compliance reviews, to ensure corrective actions are taken by GO to resolve the issues highlighted in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification in the relevant discipline (Accounting/Finance/Banking/Business/Economics)
- Relevant experience from banking/ financial institution.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.