AVP, Lead – FCC MI for TM&ECM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities MI Development
People and Talent
- Development lead of a standard and central utility that provide FCC MI from a single source, supported by standard definitions and business logic set by FCC Process and Risk Owners for the Transaction Monitoring and ECM MI portfolio. Build a relationship with the respective process owners to agree on the priorities for the MI delivery plan and the design of the required MI in line with the objectives of the process owner.
- Supervise the timely delivery of the MI Book of Work as requested by respective stakeholders (e.g. reports, analytics, dashboards) under the FCC MI 5D development process and in line with the respective OR controls. Ensure the effective delivery of MI and promote "best practice" across the function.
- Deliver timely responses to internal and external requests (Assurance, GIA, regulators) that are dependent on MI and Data; as well as delivering resolution of findings where appropriate.
- Be a key stakeholder in the FCC data consumption and analytics strategy, including architecture design and tools.
- Ensure delivery of MI of the TM and ECM portfolio, amongst others: MI from ECM (eg about the AAA process including quality), Transaction Monitoring MI from Mantas/Detica (eg about risk event creation from transactions monitored), ACT MI from ECM (eg SAR filing, ACT actions status) and trade AML MI.
- Ensure the followup and the resolution of data quality issues in relation to the respective data sources required for the TM&ECM MI portfolio.
- Manage SLAs of the respective data sources required for the TM&ECM MI portfolio.
- Follow up and resolve any OR events and audit issues impacting the TM&ECM MI portfolio.
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Ensure the TM&EMC MI team is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address financial crime risks.
- Ensure staff in FCC TM&ECM MI have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Attend relevant leadership meetings.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Design and maintain dashboards and metrics that allow FCC to dynamically monitor financial crime risk and operational performance for key FCC processes.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Process Owners in FCC including amongst others AAA and TM
- CFCC/FCC MT and FCC LT
- Regional Heads of FCC, including Controls and Governance
- FCC Controls
- FCSU Management Team mainly the Functional leads for TM CB, TM NCB and Trade AML
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Singapore.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- 5 years of experience in MI design, MI development (using Microstrategy, Paxata and Haas), performance management (KPIs) and data quality remediation in complex global bank (and outsourced) environments.
- 5 years of project or operational experience in FCC in the following areas:
- AML and terrorist financing surveillance skills in relation the respective country jurisdiction, and client types.
- Banking: knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions
- Banking operations experience (Client Due Diligence, payments, trade, markets or other) and service oriented attitude.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .