AVP, Client Service Specialist
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is recognised as one of the top tier providers of Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) services in the Asia-Pacific region. As more corporate and institutional clients continue to consolidate their banking activities with the introduction of payments and cash management services, the potential growth of this business is substantial. Our customers view our regional client service proposition as a key element in deciding with whom to mandate their business.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of AVP, Client Service Specialist Principal responsibilities
- To handle clients' queries on all cash management products, queries on channel of delivery (HSBCnet), checking & verification of HSBCnet related documents from overseas office, checking & forwarding completed HSBCnet related documentation to HDPM for implementation using the Bank's transmission channels
- Identifying, initiating and implementing effective Payments and Cash Management (GLCM) product solution initiatives around client needs that drive the acquisition of profitable new GLCM business and growth of existing customers using higher - value PCM products;
- Acting as the point of contact for selected top tier Global Banking (GB) / Commercial Banking (CMB) clients, taking ownership on all payments and cash management related enquiries, offering customised service support and assisting clients in resolving all operational issues.
- Liaising with/visit customers independently and making decision relating to customer's daily operational issues. He/she is required to liaise with group offices to ensure a high standard of service is provided in Malaysia and across the region.
- Exercising broad discretion in carrying out his/her duties without making reference to his/her superior on day-to-day matters. He/she needs to identify customer needs and make decision relating to promotion/cross-selling of GLCM products and other banking services where appropriate.
- Having close co-ordination with Product Team and Implementation Team in order to be updated on future releases/enhancements to GLCM Products.
- Being in constant communication with GLCM Sales team, updating the sales consultant on issues that require further hand-holding with the customer
- Ensuring all client enquiries are resolved to their satisfaction through intensive liaison with other departments locally and globally and establishing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments.
- Securing business opportunities through cross-selling to expand the Bank's market share of GLCM. Maintaining a close relationship with clients through visits, courtesy calls and/or on the phone.
- Being creative and innovative in offering customised operational GLCM solutions to customers within the constraints of the current systems/operations.
- Being very well-versed with policy and procedures changes to be in a position to provide sound advice to GLCM customers.
- At least 2 years of handling clients' queries
- A degree holder or with experience in areas involving direct contact with large/multinational customers
- Have basic commercial banking experience (comprehension of cash flow, basic accounting and basic knowledge of banking).
- Possess strong drive and initiative with an exceptional commercial acumen to acquire new business.
- Be a team player and have a penchant for change. The incumbent must possess an affinity to be with customers and challenged to exceed customers' expectations.