- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance aims to provide HSBC with a professional, effective and responsive finance service that operates at optimal cost and employs a common and transparent global model. The ALM team is a unit within the Finance department of HSBC, whose objective is to manage the balance sheet of the Bank in order to achieve efficient utilisation of resources within accepatble risk limits.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Asset & Liability Management (ALM) Manager.
- Provide the Bank's Asset and Liability Management Committee (ALCO) with concise, accurate and timely reporting;
- Vigilant monitoring and proactive management of major ALM risk parameters, in particular those relating to liquidity and funding risk;
- Evaluate alternative strategies to resolve liquidity and funding issues and to make recommendations to ALCO;
- Interpret and implement guidelines issued by regulatory authorities as well as adhering to internal HSBC group ALM framework;
- Testing and deployment of new systems intended to improve ALM monitoring;
- Collaborate effectively with business units and control functions of the Bank in order to generate desired deliverables.
- Possess an undergraduate or post graduate degree, preferably in Accounting and Finance;
- Preferably two to three years of related work experience;
- Familiar with ALM subject matter;
- A high level of professional competence and able to work independently;
- Strong analytical and lateral thinking skills;
- Ability to work with all levels of staff with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree, preferably in Accounting and Finance;
- Professional accountancy qualifications would be an advantage.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills; VBA skills would be an advantage;