1P-Technical Business Analyst
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- CIMB Malaysia
- 20 May 19
1P-Technical Business Analyst
Job Purpose *
The Business Analyst role will assist Senior Business Analyst or SMEs in defining and establishing business and end-user requirements for existing and new application systems. The role will support in monitoring and tracking to ensure all defined business needs and functional requirements have been met all the way up to User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Key Responsibilities *
Business Requirement Analysis
- Receive handover PIF, HLE/ HLS and TSD documents from Project Managers, and assist Business Analyst Managers and Lead Business Analyst in the requirement gathering process.
- Assist Senior Business Analyst and Business Analyst and Testing Lead to develop methods, tools and standards, data validation and documentation.
- Assist to prepare estimation for the design and development based on the requirements baselined.
Unit Testing, System Integration Test and User Acceptance Test
- Review test scenarios for UT, SIT, and UAT.
- Support and clarify any defect raised for UT, SIT and UAT.
Conduct Requirements Analysis
- Assist and lead management in developing, defining and documenting business personas with regards to roles, goals and challenges of the business.
- Perform deep dive analysis into areas of user needs to best understand the issues faced by the business.
- Gather, analyze and develop requirements specification and establish operational scenarios and concepts for in-house applications.
Conduct gaps analysis to understand current problems and explore opportunities for future improvements.
- Gather and analyze data from gaps analysis and develop the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and prioritise based on business value, stakeholder agreement, impact on user and other systems, regulatory compliance and dependencies.
Functional Specification Document (FSD) Development
- Involved in the development and compilation of Functional Specification Document (FSD) of in-house applications, by incorporating inputs from the BRD, functional,non-functional requirements and data conversion.
- Establish operational scenarios and concepts.
- Incorporate and verify any changes (if any) with the relevant parties before finalisation of FSD.
- Once sign-off is obtained, assist in updating the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) with the FSD reference.
- Include Operational Scenarios Analysis (OSA) into FSD and ensure complaince with Regional IT Security
Perform Configuration Information Change Request (CIR)
- Prepare Configuration Information Change Request i.e. to provide information on parameter change request before being implemented to SIT / UAT / Production environment.
2) Conduct review on CIR.
- Revise CIR if there are any changes required
- Send final CIR to Project Management team if no changes are required.
Perform Variation of Order
- Prepare FSD adendum/ amend existing FSD accoring to variantion, upon confirmation of importance from Senior Business Analyst
- Amend exisitng FSD according to variation and review FSD .
- Register / update the RTM with FSD reference for UAT.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant products and suport methods to provide functionally accurate solution to business users and project team.
- Adheres to all applicable procedures, company policies and any other quality or regulatory requirements.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and application funcationalities.
- Provide application support while within the warranty period.
- Refine data mapping table.
- Define data conversion business rules.
- Provide all technical and operational documentations while ensuring application documentation are up-to-date.
Any other responsibilities/tasks as assigned by the management from time to time.
Job Specification *
(Basic Degree/Diploma etc)
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting / business administration / banking finance / information technology or equivalent.
- Certification in CMMI/ITIL (preferred)
Relevant Work Experience
- Min 4-6 years working experience in banking products / customers related.
- Work or involve in projects from project inception through the entire project life cycle.
- Experienced with CASE Tools for SDLC Process Design such as ARIS, requirements engineering process and creation of functional specifications.
Required Competencies and Skills *
(Essential to succeed in this job)
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills.
- Adapts to the organisation culture and aligns and support of organisation vision and mission.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Highly result oriented and can work independently.
- Work well with peers from both business and technology stakeholders and interact.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work / projects in the team