Senior Manager, Actuarial - Valuation
- GBP32396.24 - GBP43194.99 per annum
- Kuala Lipis, Pahang, Malaysia Kuala Lipis Pahang MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters - Malaysia
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
A leading international general insurance business is seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Actuarial - Valuation in Kuala Lumpur. In this job, you will lead a team and be responsible for actuarial valuation functions.
About the Senior Manager, Actuarial - Valuation Role:
This is a great opportunity to redevelop group systems and processes. Your main responsibility will be to lead a team of three staff and ensure statutory reporting meets BNM requirements, provide appropriate timely analysis on surplus arising and capital needs.
- Ensure accurate reporting of results and timely submission of regulatory reporting to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)
- Assist the Appointed Actuary in preparing the Financial Condition Report, Quarterly Valuation Report and Risk-Based Capital (RBC) submission to BNM
- Provide actuarial technical support for Stress Test, Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), Control Self-Assessment (CSA), Internal Capital Assessment exercises which includes in-depth analysis, appropriate action plan as well as prompt communication with stakeholders
- Review and assist in managing reinsurance structure and arrangements
- Support both the internal and external audit of liabilities
- Supervise and manage the smooth transition of International Financial Reporting Standard 17 (IFRS17 Insurance Contracts)
To succeed in this Senior Manager, Actuarial - Valuation role, you will need to have a strong understanding of general insurance and marketplace conditions and how they impact financial models and results.
- Degree in relevant fields such as Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics
- Qualified or Nearly Qualified Actuary under Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) / Society of Actuaries (SOA) / Institute of Actuaries (IOA) / Institute of Actuaries of Australia (IOAA) / Canadian Institute of Actuaries (CIA) or equivalent
- Minimum seven years' experience for Senior Manager and five years' experience for Manager with experience in actuarial for General Insurance; at least five years' experience for Senior Manager and three years' experience for Manager in valuation role
- Well-versed with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Familiar with Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) or other computer programming such as SQL, VBA would be an added advantage
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with good managerial skills
If you are a progressive Senior Manager - Actuarial Valuation with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125