Branch Sales & Service Manager - Retail Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Listen, explain & sell (in person)
• Understand needs of walk-in clients by actively providing quality, efficient after sales services.
• Proactively explain respective banking proposition that fits Clients Ingoing Needs/anchor products, e.g: CASA, Mortgage, CC, BC CASA.
• Proactively refer for specialised needs; e.g: simple wealth products.
Deep sell (in person)
• To maximise cross sell opportunities by immediately broaden the conversation to include fuller bundle
• Actively refer to Business Banking Acquiring Team for BC lending needs, e.g: debit & credit card (individual)
Prepare, set up, & activate
• Ensure required documents are available when in need by :
• Compiling required documents
• Conduct CDD
• Opening of new account / activate products
• Tag clients to the right segment.
• Refer respective business clients to BC Banking Team and Affluent to Priority Banking Team.
• Actively fulfil basic service need and pass on rest to Client Centre or CSM. Our Ideal Candidate
• Basic banking products knowledge - CASA, Mortgage, PL, Credit Cards & Simple Wealth
• Market and competition knowledge
• Closing deals
• Ability to drive and manage client interaction
• Good communication & presentation skills
• Negotiation and objection handling
• Client training on digital solutions
• Discipline and good time management to handle client needs
• Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
• Strong analytical ability
• Understanding of CDD principles
• Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
• Bank's product knowledge
• Understanding of policies and procedures
• ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
• Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.