Assistant Manager Branch (Kota Kinabalu)
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Assistant Manager Branch. Principal Responsibilities
- Assist the Branch Manager/ Customer Service Manager to deliver world class customer experience and business profitability through smooth branch operations (Services and Cross Sales) while adhering to both internal and external control standards.
- To deliver world class customer experience and consistent service delivery through all touch points of the branch service platform.
- To increase HBMY & HBMS-(RBWM) business opportunity and create brand loyalty through efficient operations and excellent customer service.
- The individual has to ensure the Branch implements/attains all service / operations/ business development initiatives and to manage the resources and activities and ensure that a high standard of customer service, operations standards and good sales results are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that administrative matters are attended to promptly with consideration especially to related costs. In a busy environment, such as customer service, he has to monitor procedures to ensure conformity with standard practice and at all same time, ensure that staff remains motivated to perform well.
- To harness branch resources in providing a high standard of service, operations and sales while maintaining strict expense discipline to control costs.
- The jobholder plays an important role of the second executive in the branch to support and assist the branch manager in driving a profitable business through high customer engagement and efficient operations.
- The jobholder is given considerable autonomy to manage the area of responsibility but must ensure all decisions are taken within the parameters specified under the FIM, BIM and guidelines/directives laid down by the regulatory authorities.
- The jobholder must work closely with the Business MYH representatives and the branch CMB team to drive world class customer experience for all HBMY & HBMS customers.
- Ensure a "Satisfactory" or corresponding rating (where applicable) for all compliance and AML related audits/reviews conducted on the areas of the businesses under their responsibility.
- Manage operations with minimum operational losses on staff account. Proactively report potential losses to Management and ensure immediate action is taken to contain losses when discovered.
- Manage customers' expectation, identify needs and provides relevant solutions in accordance to the Bank's KYC and business ethics policy.
- To discharge the compliance and Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/ counter-financing of terrorism (CFT)/ sanctions control responsibilities as Local Compliance Representative (LCR) by implementing compliance and AML/ CFT/ sanctions controls, policies and procedures, ensuring an adequate understanding of all relevant regulations applicable to the business and generally assisting with the resolution of compliance and AML/ CFT/ sanctions problems
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in business related is required for this role.
- At least 1-2 years working experience in branch services and operations at supervisory management level with good understanding of RBWM products and services
- Good interpersonal skills with well-developed coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for face-to-face service
- Planning/organization/analytical reasoning
- Negotiation, influencing and communication skills to drive change.
- Able to work under pressure and portray good leadership in order to be the role model of other staff in the branch.
- Only Malaysians are encouraged to apply.