Training Specialist Sales Transformation Location
Penang, Malaysia Job Type
Full Time Your role
We are looking for a Training Specialist to lead our employee development initiatives through hosting creative training events and educational programs in the content of Sales Transformation. Sales Transformation at IHS Markit covers the Salesforce CRM solution and commercial business processes around it.
Training Specialist responsibilities include communicating with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals. Training Specialist are responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating, and conducting all training programs. Our ideal candidate has experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning. Experience with different projects, like management training and soft-skills development, is also essential.
You should also be familiar with the instructors, equipment, and educational material requirements for each project. If you can think of and design engaging ways to train our employees, we would like to meet you.
We are looking for an Senior Associate, Training Specialist to:
- Design and develop training programs
- Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes)
- Market available training to employees and provide necessary information about sessions
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Use general education principles and stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
- Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Gather feedback from trainees after each educational session
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Able to communicate confidently to Senior C-level management
- Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Research and recommend new training methods, like gamification
The Sales Transformation function contains the Salesforce CRM solution and the business process of Sales Operations. The department's focus is to facilitate a single view of all customer activity and consolidated customer reporting, global sales forecasting and pipeline management. Up-sell and cross-sell between business units, improved enterprise-wide collaboration, and supported simplified and consistent pre-and post-sale processes across the business. Your expertise You have
- Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role, delivering training programs on Salesforce technologies would be "nice to have", at least 3 years' experience
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete entire training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Experience with e-learning platforms
- MS Office proficiency and good CRM domain knowledge
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Outstanding presentation Skills
- Strong communication skills
- BS degree in Education, Training, HR or related field
- passionate about training
- an excellent communicator, networker, collaborator and influencer at all levels globally
- dependable, loyal and supportive
- results orientated
- able to juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously in a demanding and fast-paced environment
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.