Sr Content Management Analyst
Content Editor - APAC Shift
Are you a detail orientated? Do you enjoy checking for typos and grammatical errors?
We're looking for a Content Editor within the Editorial and Publishing division to:
- Edit content as directed by team leads, and with direction from EMEA and US Content Editor Managers
- Edit news stories, special reports, and dossiers to agreed deadlines, ensuring adherence to house style
- Check copies for branding consistency and style (including charts, tables, and other graphics), and make necessary amendments on Content Management System , Power Point, Excel, Word
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Lay out news pages and features using InDesign
- Work with the Image Services team to ensure accurate imagery metadata for successful imagery searches
You will be working in the Editorial and Publishing Team in Penang, Malaysia. The team of over 80 people is located in three different time zones. We provide editorial expertise to all the products in IHS Markit.
Your expertise You have
- Degree Level or equivalent education (BA in English, Journalism, Communication or NCTJ equivalent)
- 1-3 years of professional sub editing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. InDesign and Creative Suite experience preferred, knowledge in content management systems would be an advantage.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Able to work as a team and to work accurately under pressure.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and display a strong degree of flexibility and versatility.
- We offer in-house training programmes and development opportunities. We encourage our colleagues to develop their personal and professional potential.
- Diversity and inclusiveness are important components of our workplace. We treat all colleagues equally; advancement is based on ability and performance.
- We offer healthy and stimulating working conditions while promoting a proper work/life balance.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Your colleagues About us
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here. IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.