Senior Sales Support Specialist
Support the sales teams including, but not limited to, contract generation, assisting in renewal processes, usage of Sales Force Automation, Vanguard, Business Objects and SAP Valid Order Package processes and general administrative support. Responsible for making enhancement recommendations on processes to streamline workflows. Participation in Vanguard project meetings acting as the Subject Matter Expert on behalf of the Sales Operations Coordinator team(s). And well-versed working in multiple business lines for sales support.
Under very minimal supervision provide sales support for multiple business lines across the assigned sales teams on behalf of the Sales Operations Sales Support. Leveraging extensive knowledge related to departments and functions to discern gaps and devising solutions. Responsibilities
Education and experience
- Responsible for providing support and coordination on the sales/renewal process for Sales teams, including Sales Management.
- Able to support, as well as discuss and explain, contractual guidelines of IHS Markit products with account managers, finance, product managers, product delivery, order management, and sales operations in an accurate and organized manner.
- Assist in preparation and distribution for client legal agreements, attachments, proposals, purchase orders and business correspondence as required.
- Process signed and executed renewal contracts in Salesforce CRM system and liaise with order management, contract management and sales operations.
- Process product or service cancellations. Create cancellation forms and route to Order Management Help Desk for processing.
- Responsible for researching and resolving of product delivery and invoicing challenges on behalf of the customer/account manager, with the ability to accurately and succinctly explain any such resolution to the appropriate Sales team member, Sales Manager or client contact.
- Update Bill To/Ship To information on Renewal opportunity records as needed.
- Assist and work with sales on outstanding orders still waiting on information and or waiting on PO in order to process and complete for revenue recognition.
- Provide training to sales and sales support for new releases and or support and training to new sales and sales support colleagues.
- Advanced problem solving to identify resolution on problematic orders.
- Business competencies
- Sales Operations experience preferred, but not required.
- 4 years college degree preferred, or equal work experience.
- Proficient working knowledge in all MS Office applications.
- Advanced Excel experience inclusive of Pivot table and customized spreadsheet creation.
- Must be able to take initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and balance competing priorities.
- Highly organized and capable of effectively prioritizing tasks.
- Previous experience working with a Salesforce application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in supporting multiple colleagues.
- Salesforce CRM experience a plus.
- SharePoint experience a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Must have excellent organization skills and the ability to organize thoughts and ideas.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally with both clients and peers.
- Must have the ability to work independently and with limited supervision and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be reliable and able to work under pressure.
- Must be cooperative and able to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to document processes and procedures.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.