Sales Team Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To lead a team of RM / Senior RMs / Cash RMs / Acquisition RMs / Mortgage RMs to achieve the team sales target by maximizing acquisition / referral opportunities and deepening existing Client relationships for the Priority Client segment to the specified service standards. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To lead a team of RMs / Senior RMs / Cash RMs / Acquisition RMs / Mortgage RMs to achieve specified sales targets and service standards.
• To provide guidance on day-to-day portfolio management.
• To guide the team in training and leading branch staff in deepening relationship & maintaining ETB clients for Priority Banking.
• To supervise and co-ordinate the sales effort of Priority Banking marketing and promotional activities to meet new business and client acquisition goals.
• To conduct staff meetings and provide support / updates for sales campaigns and activities, procedural changes, management directives, etc.
• To ensure that the team build an information database on existing Priority Banking clients to support and deepen client relationship and cross selling efforts.
• Foster and deepen client relationships by providing regular market information updates and trend analyses on local and foreign financial products.
• To ensure that the team comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
• To train and develop new sales staff.
• To develop action plans to improve team performance.
• To provide coaching and mentoring to team to facilitate staff retention. KEY MEASURABLES:
• To achieve agreed sales targets and Priority Banking profitability.
• To achieve quality performance i.e. audit results, credit quality, business development and people management.
• Agreed service standards to customers.
• To cascade and live the values.
• To undertake special projects / assignments.
• 100% Operation control under operation risks guidelines and sales compliance.
• Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
• No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST and record keeping
• Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions
• No overdue Control Sample Testing (CST). TALENT:
• Focused and highly achievement-orientated.
• Sharp business acumen, analytical, planning and organisation skills.
• Demonstrable leadership capabilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Honours degree (CGPA 3.0 or better) and / or relevant professional qualifications.
• More than 5 years' experience in banking with demonstrable knowledge of banking practices and financial products.
• Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing.
• Favourable track record in managing sales and / or operations or demonstrated ability to achieve strong sales performance.
• Ability to coach, inspire and mobilise Branch team members of various levels to deliver exceptional performance.
• Demonstrated ability to establish a service culture.
• Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
• Bank's product knowledge
• Understanding of policies and procedures
• ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
• Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Reports to : Branch Manager
Reports indirectly to : Head of CR, City Cluster
Direct Reports : Relationship Manager, Priority Clients
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .