Principal Salesforce Developer
Principal Salesforce Developer Years of Experience:
Eight years + Location:
Salesforce Program Reporting to:
Salesforce Program Director Shift Timings:
9 AM - 6 PM Department overview
IHS Markit has a highly customized Salesforce (SFDC) application, which covers all aspects of Sales, Service, and Marketing for all IHS Markit products and services. The team comprises of Architects, Developers, Admins, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts, Change Management, User Support, Data Quality, Analytics, and Program Management. The entire Salesforce system is built using Salesforce Lightning and currently serves around 4000 users. The platform is also tightly integrated with other IHS Markit products and services such as IHS Markit Single Sign-On service, Microsoft office, marketing cloud (Eloqua), document rendering (Drawloop), digital transaction management (DocuSign), business data services (Data.com), and accounting software (SAP). Position summary
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Salesforce Solutions that are maintainable and re-usable.
- Create thorough and detailed documentation and technical specifications.
- Communicate with project teams regarding status, technical issues, and creative solutions.
- Actively engages improving software delivery through DevOps, CI/CD and other Agile practices
- Actively develop and improve skillsets and abilities by keeping aware of new IT technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise
. What You Need to Get the Job Done
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these!
- University graduate or equivalent
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in Salesforce Development
- Advanced and large-scale Salesforce.com development using lightning is a pre-requisite
- Strong Knowledge of Salesforce Architecture
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and Agile framework
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I required
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II strongly preferred
- Experience with Apex design patterns and object-oriented programming best practices
- Experience with Salesforce integration patterns and implementation of these patterns will be an advantage.
- Experience using the Salesforce Dataloader, Salesforce Lightning for Outlook, Drawloop, DocuSign, Data.com, Eloqua will be an advantage.
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial, and developmental rewards!
- Work-Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy - we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics, and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance, and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision-makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth. IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.