Inside sales / Account Executive - Agribusiness
We are looking for a passionate. self motivated Inside Sales representative within our Agribusiness team to:
Specific Job Duties:
- Schedules activity around review calls, renewal calls and customer queries
- Initiates and answers sales calls for IHS Markit products and services
- Following up on sales enquiries within agreed time frames to open sales opportunities
- Conducts telephone conversations to identify and qualify prospective customers and records sales prospecting activity in Salesforce.com.
- Ensures customer delight
- Develop/implement a clear strategy to exceed quota
- Develop knowledge of IHS Markit capabilities and the specific Agribusiness Intelligence Business area.
- Develop a strong understanding of the sales value proposition for the Agribusiness Intelligence data and insight solutions and how they fit into the business requirements of your clients.
- Stay on top of industry news and market trends, identifying opportunities and challenges your customers and prospects are facing
- Develop relationships with your customers to ensure long term partnerships.
- Maintain existing client base as well as new sales into that client base.
- Prepare and submit accurate weekly/monthly/quarterly sales reporting and forecasting
- Achieve specific monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota.
- Responds to customer calls regarding a specific set of products and services and identifies up selling opportunities for such calls
- Grow revenue at existing and new clients
You will be working in the Agribusiness Inside Sales Team in Penang. The team of 7 representatives covering global sales/accounts. Your Expertise: You have:
- University degree of relevant courses
- Min 2 years' experience preferred of managing end to end sales for New and Renewal business.
- Highly organized and efficient at managing day to day business with multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Mature, confident & self-motivated with a passion for selling.
- A quick learner on new products and sales approaches
- Business proficiency English, other APAC languages will be bonus (Chinese/Japanese/Korean)
We are looking for 1 APAC, 2 EMEA, 1 AMERICA shift candidates
APAC: 8am - 5pm
EMEA: 4pm - 1am
AMERICA: 10pm - 7am
EMEA and AMERICA will be give shift allowances
Please mention to the recruiter or in your application which shift you prefer. IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.