IT Ops/Support Analyst II
Researches, designs, develops operates and maintains support services for existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions through integration of technical and business requirements per standard company IT process methodology (such as ITIL and ITSM). Includes identification, development and prioritization of support services according to business criticality. Applications and information systems solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, configuration of 3rd party software implementation of infrastructure solutions, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, and support and maintenance of infrastructure and information systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Participates in architecture reviews to ensure that solutions comply with standards and uses approved technologies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Participates as a member of an IT technical team. Performs basic analysis of functional or service requirements using fundamental understanding of IT Business process or problems. Implements end-user or enterprise infrastructure or application services prepared by more senior Engineers.
- Applies technical knowledge to operate and administer infrastructure or software platforms and user groups of moderate complexity. Resolves technical issues of moderate complexity within a given technical area. Partners with members of a given team or other IT teams as appropriate. Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management.
- Provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility including patch management. Reviews, implements and verifies changes/solutions of medium complexity and risk. Ensures configuration management database entries are complete and accurate.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information SystemsComputer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree and up to two years of experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and serverweb related applications).
- Experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, HR, finance) .
- Basic skills in scripting andor programming language. Knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills. Good organizational and analytical skills. Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity. Possess creative ability, credibility and self confidence.