Derivative Processing Analyst
Job Description Position summary
We are looking for self-driven individuals with great problem solving and analytical skills to fill an Associate position within the Operations group. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day customer support for all services supported within MarkitSERV's suite of products (MarkitWire, Markit Trade Manager, DSMatch etc). Our clients' service experience is a key priority for the firm. Candidates must be passionate about delivering excellence and best-in-class customer satisfaction.
The principal duties for this role will to be to provide remote support to our APAC business and clients, working in close partnership with our Singapore and Tokyo team. Malaysia is a critical part of our APAC franchise and delivering exceptional service to our APAC clients is a core component of our Operations team's responsibilities.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a resourceful and collaborative approach to problem solving, as well as the ability to handle difficult conversations with clients. Dut ies & accountabilities
- Direct interaction with MarkitSERV Clients globally to resolve technical and non-technical related queries, working in close partnership with our Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, and Hong Kong teams.
- Monitor client queries investigate and troubleshoot errors and work with internal groups to provide resolution.
- Respond to client requests by providing detailed analysis and feedback.
- Work closely with internal teams for system enhancements.
- Participate in internal/external training needs. Educate clients on upcoming product enhancements/changes.
- Onboarding new participants in a timely manner and effective implementation of the product. Assist clients in testing the trade flows and help troubleshoot issues faced by the client.
- Configure the product as per client's requirement with regards to trade confirmation.
- Perform testing and provide troubleshooting for the client to configure the product as per the requirements of the participant in the UAT and pre-prod environment and emulate the same design setup in the production environment as well.
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships.
- Coordinate across internal teams across global operations footprint to achieve positive outcome for client experience.
- Respond to client requests by providing detailed evaluation and feedback.
- Participate in the testing of system enhancements.
- Identify and track system issues, partnering with technology teams to ensure delivery.
- Preferably between 2-5 years financial services experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge can be acquired.
- Previous experience working with external clients directly.
- Knowledge of OTC derivative products, Trade confirmations, and financial markets is a major plus.
- Previous experience working with software systems and technology.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with client orientation.
- Willing to consider any candidate who can demonstrate a passion for technology, strong problem-solving skills, and excellent communication abilities.
- Personal competencies:
- Very strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Focused on Operational Control and Data Security
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a resourceful and collaborative approach to problem solving, as well as the ability to handle difficult conversations with clients.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Customer service and satisfaction are key priorities for the firm. Candidates must be aware of the impact of their actions on internal and external clients.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics, and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance, and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace, and defence, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth. Department overview
MarkitSERV provides an end-to-end solution for post-trade transaction management of credit, interest rate, equity and foreign exchange derivatives. MarkitSERV also connects dealers and buy-side institutions to central clearing counterparties, trade repositories, and electronic swap markets.
MarkitSERV Operations provides operational day-to-day customer support for all services supported within the MarkitSERV suite of products. They are also responsible for the new client setup and new process adherence for the external Buy Side and Dealer communities. They work closely with Product Management, Client Account Management, Business Development, and IT to ensure timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries. The group is also responsible for incident reporting and escalation.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.