Cyber Security Training Specialist
- George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 13 Dec 18
Cyber Security Training Specialist
As social engineering techniques gets more sophisticated and the attacks are more authentic and believable, there is a need to drive regular cyber security awareness related topic such as social engineering tactics. The ideal candidate will be an individual with who is passionate about creating awareness, improve training practices and strengthening knowledge on Cyber Security related topics for all IHS Markit employees that can lead to end user behavior change.
The role will reside in Information Security organization, working closely with CISO and Information Security senior leadership and internal colleagues to create a security program that would cater to all IHS Markit colleagues in our diverse business functions and various roles.
The candidate's main responsibilities will be to manage, conduct cyber security related training and support information security related awareness program for IHS Markit employees.
General Roles and Responsibility :
- Manage security awareness training program for all IHS Markit employees that meets industry regulations, standards, compliance requirements.
- Create a creative program approach that engages employees (including focusing on changing behaviors both at home and at work) to continually improve and grow the Security Awareness program.
Operational Job Description :
- Conduct and plan regular phishing test to test cyber security awareness on IHS Markit employees, demonstrating measurable improvement over each prior campaign set.
- Identify, develop, plan and track security awareness training program for targeted teams such as elevated access and high-risk employees (e.g. Finance, Customer Care, Sales).
- Develop and deliver regular cyber security related training to IHS Markit colleagues to increase colleague awareness on social engineering attempt and spear phishing tactics
- Assists in creating awareness presentations newsletters, memos, and educational materials to promote security awareness program and improve colleague education in cyber security topics.
- Work closely with the training support person in Corporate Compliance. Coordinate with corporate compliance team through the LMS and produce reports of training.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing information security training, education, and awareness program/activities. Gather feedbacks and drive continuous improvement activities on the security awareness training program
- Develop and plan regular communication plan for IHS Markit colleagues with partnership with corporate communications team, including targeted communication to colleagues in high risk roles
- Participate in audit to demonstrate and articulate security awareness program in IHS Markit
- Provide regular reports and metrics to senior management on the status and effectiveness of cyber security training program.
Required Skills and Experience :
- 7+ years of experience working in developing a training program or in a training\trainer related role.
- Excellent communication skills. Comfortable speaking to large groups to deliver training via remote or face to face session.
- Ability to form complex 'communications / messages' in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various communities within the organization in verbal and written communication.
- Must be a self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work efficiently, timely, and work independently.
- Display practical knowledge of different message distribution techniques to ensure end user communities understand and continually apply the required behavioral change necessary to reduce the 'human factors' risk.
- Knowledge and experience with current technology delivering training in innovative manners. Working knowledge on Information Technology and Information Security topics
- Strong organizational and administrative skills to include proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Able to work some hours on EMEA or US time zone when required to facilitate the training program for colleagues in the designated location.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.