Content Editor (EMEA)
Are you a detail orientated? Do you enjoy checking for typos and grammatical errors?
We're looking for a Content Editor within the Editorial and Publishing division to:
- Edit content as directed by team leads, and with direction from EMEA and US Content Editor Managers
- Edit news stories, special reports, and dossiers to agreed deadlines, ensuring adherence to house style
- Check copies for branding consistency and style (including charts, tables, and other graphics), and make necessary amendments on Content Management System , Power Point, Excel, Word
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Lay out news pages and features using InDesign
- Work with the Image Services team to ensure accurate imagery metadata for successful imagery searches
You will be working in the Editorial and Publishing Team in Penang, Malaysia. The team of over 80 people is located in three different time zones. We provide editorial expertise to all the products in IHS Markit. Your expertise
- Degree Level or equivalent education (BA in English, Journalism, Communication or NCTJ equivalent)
- 1-3 years of professional sub editing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. InDesign and Creative Suite experience preferred, knowledge in content management systems would be an advantage.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Able to work as a team and to work accurately under pressure.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and display a strong degree of flexibility and versatility.
- We offer in-house training programmes and development opportunities. We encourage our colleagues to develop their personal and professional potential.
- Diversity and inclusiveness are important components of our workplace. We treat all colleagues equally; advancement is based on ability and performance.
- We offer healthy and stimulating working conditions while promoting a proper work/life balance.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.