Specialist - Investment Data Control
Key Performance Indicators
- Perform daily investment data processing in accordance with Business Process Manuals and applicable accounting policies & standards and ensure that all investment data are processed and maintained accurately, in a complete manner and on a timely basis.
- Maintain high quality of documentation for investment data processes and in accordance with Business Process Manuals.
- Provide guidance and support to junior Data Control team members.
- Attend and respond to investment data enquiries from Group and Local Finance and Investment Operations teams, and other relevant stakeholders, satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
- Support Group and Local Finance and Investment Operations teams, and other relevant stakeholders on daily investment data matters as well as projects and initiatives.
- Assess, recommend and implement improvements in Data Control processes and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency of daily processing, including interdependencies with upstream/downstream processes and systems and incorporation of changes onto Business Process Manuals.
Delivering beyond Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Local entities:
- Adequate resources for daily processing.
- Month end closing timeline.
- No/ minimal significant audit issues.
- Post closure adjustment cannot exceed 2 per quarter per SLA.
- Daily open items from bank and position reconciliations to be resolved within 7 calendar days and no open items at month end closing.
- High quality of work documentation.
Overall productivity improvement - enhancement in automated and manual processes within the unit. Communication Requirements
Internal within AIA Shared Services Sdn Bhd :
- Other units within the department for daily operations, projects/initiatives and improvements.
- System support team for system (SAP FAM) issues and enhancements.
- Other various departments for any related matters.
External including AIA Group of companies and other parties:
- Group Finance, Group Investment Operations, Local Finance, Local Investment Operations and other relevant stakeholders for daily operations and projects/ initiatives.
- External and internal auditors for audit field work.
- Market data vendors (eg Reuters & Bloomberg) for market data and related matters.
- Custodians, banks, fund houses and other investment services providers for reconciliation of investment positions and activities.
- University Degree in Accountancy or related fields.
- Internationally Recognized Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CFA, etc) is an added advantage.
- 3+ Years investment operations experience in multi-national insurance, asset management and/or unit trust companies.
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment providing investment operations and/or accounting services to external/ internal stakeholders.
Specific Business Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of investment products (fixed income, equities, funds, structured products, asset-backed securities, derivatives, money market etc) including both their investment characteristics and accounting treatments.
- Knowledge of control environments in an investment operations and/or accounting environment.
- Experience in investment accounting and/or operations systems (PORTIA , SAP FAM, PAM, HIPORT etc) and architecture is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Bloomberg, Reuters or any other market data providers is an added advantage.
Database, ERP, Bank, Banking, Equity, Technology, Finance