Specialist - Business Solutions
Reporting to Manager / Assistant Manager of Business Solutions of AIA Shared Services Sdn Bhd, this position shall provide technical ability/support to GFS (sub-units including Investment Accounting, Finance Operations and Reporting & Analysis) and accountable for the provision and delivery of accounting and finance related business solutions and improved finance functions via process automation and enhancement, relating to GFS services to AIA Group of entities in accordance with applicable accounting & regulatory policies, standards and guidelines. Key Responsibilities:
Job Requirements: Education:
- Gather and understand accounting and finance related business requirements Local Business Units with consultations with the GFS sub-units, Group Finance and Group Investment.
- Provide preliminary assessment on system capabilities against business requirements with consultations with SAP COE.
- Perform UAT on the business solutions, implementation monitoring and provision of post-implementation support.
- Participate in investment/finance projects impacting GFS operations, including requirements gathering, UAT, implementation and post-implementation support.
- Provide ongoing support and expertise in day-to-day GFS operations, including troubleshooting and issues resolution.
- Provide support to the team leaders of GFS sub-units and team members for BAU activities where required, including during month end closes and surges in volume.
- Maintain high quality of documentation for projects / enhancement and in accordance with GFS Business Process Manuals.
- University Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Pursuing Internationally Recognized Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA, CPA etc) is an added advantage
Specific Business Knowledge:
- 2+ years accounting and finance experience with a multi-national asset management/insurance operation, and/or accounting and auditing experience with a big-sized accounting firm specializing in the financial services industry.
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment, providing investment accounting services to external/internal stakeholders will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of investment products (Bonds, Equities, Mutual Funds, Structured Notes, Asset Backed Securities, Derivatives etc) including both accounting and investment characteristics
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of control environments/internal controls in an investment accounting operation is an added advantage
- Knowledge of SAP FAM, SAP FICO, SAP CM, Ariba and Concur
- Knowledge in Bloomberg, Reuters or any market data providers
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Ability to demonstrate basic leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with excellent MS Excel skills
ERP, Law, Equity, SAP, CPA, Technology, Legal, Finance