Senior Fund Accountant
What is the opportunity?
I & TS Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. The country employs a global operating model to maximise efficiencies across time zones and supports a 24/5 operations.
As a Senior Fund Accountant, you work within a professional team that collectively ensures client satisfaction, by producing accurate fund valuations and optimal net asset value (NAV) for an entire fund range. Your valuations are daily, weekly and monthly and you maintain accurate records, identifying and mitigating business risk. You ensure that key service level agreements, as well as audit and regulatory requirements are met. Working Hours: 2:00PM - 11:00PM What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Produce consistent and accurate prices for your allocated funds, meeting tight deadlines within service level agreements
- Manage feedback to/from departments that will have input into NAV deliverables to ensure client deliverables and quality standards are met
- Build strong working relationships with other internal departments such as Quality Assurance, Shareholder Services, Transaction Management, Operations Control, Central Payment Management and Financial Reporting, Compliance and Information technology
- Ensure effective process controls are implemented and evolve them as necessary; escalate issues to management as appropriate
- Support the identification of new technology and operational improvements to effectively ensure accuracy, reduce costs and increase service quality
- Contribute and participate in special projects that could account for 30% of the role
- Proven experience in funds accounting/pricing/client reporting within Financial markets
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of fund products, fund accounting and systems and regulations
- Strong teamwork with the ability to work independently as well
- Exceptional analytical thinking, attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Advanced Excel skills
- An accounting designation is highly desirable
What's in it for you?
- Willingness to take on new challenges, confident and self motivated
- Good interpersonal skills and networking abilities with sub-custodians and internal departments.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded