Manager - Business Solutions
Reporting to Senior Manager of Business Solutions of AIA Shared Services Sdn Bhd, this position shall be accountable for the provision of leadership, management and technical ability/support to GFS outsourcing migration project (relating to Investment Accounting and Finance Operations) as well as accountable for the provision and delivery of accounting and finance related business solutions and improved finance functions via process automation and enhancement, relating to GFS services to AIA Group of entities in accordance with applicable accounting & regulatory policies, standards and guidelines. Key Responsibilities: Outsourcing Migration Project
Process Improvement Project
- Walkthrough with business partner to identify the outsourcing scope to ensure the alignment towards GFS standard business processes during initial phase of outsourcing scoping
- Determine and recommend business roles and resources requirement and assist with new BAU resource recruitment and hiring
- Understand business partner's business process and needs during whole project lifecycle
- Plan, supervise and lead the knowledge transfer process with business partners to fully grasp the knowledge of end-to-end processes stipulated in outsourcing scopes in accordance with GFS project migration strategy
- Assist team members in resolving issues and challenges, escalate issues when necessary and facilitate decision-making in the migration project.
- Review documentations on the new processes outsourced as per GFS documentation standards as well as policies and guidelines of AIA Group with high quality assurance
- Ensure smooth transition from project mode to BAU mode after project go-live and provide support to BAU team during hyper-care period
Resource Planning and Development
- Coordinate with GFS sub-units and perform data gathering by studying, understanding and analysing the business requirement and current process to identify improvement areas and recommend scope of simplification, enhancement or reengineering with consultation with Group.
- Provide preliminary assessment on system capabilities against business requirements with consultations with SAP COE solution architects or external solution providers.
- Develop options and recommend solutions to meet business requirements, including review of solution papers, functional specifications and GFS representation on the Finance Change Board (FCB).
- Manage overall delivery of business solutions, including UAT review, implementation monitoring, knowledge transfer and provision of post-implementation support.
- Participate in group-led investment/finance projects impacting GFS operations, including requirements gathering, UAT review, implementation, knowledge transfer and post-implementation support.
- Provide ongoing support and expertise in day-to-day GFS operations, including troubleshooting and issues resolution.
- Provide support to the team leaders of GFS sub-units and team members for BAU activities where required, including during month end closes and surges in volume.
- Maintain high quality of documentation for projects / enhancement and in accordance with GFS Business Process Manuals.
- Manage and lead the direct reports, including recruitment, training, development, resource planning and performance management.
- Set clearly defined objectives and development plans for direct reports, in line with GFS objectives and AIA Group's vision
- University Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Pursuing Internationally Recognised Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA, CPA etc) is an added advantage
- Pursuing Internationally Recognised Professional Process Improvement Qualification (Lean Six Sigma etc) is an added advantage
- 8+ years accounting and finance experience with a multi-national asset management/insurance operation, and/or accounting and auditing experience with a big-sized accounting firm specialising in the financial services industry.
- 3+ years in supervisory and people management role
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment, executing outsourcing migration projects in relation to accounting and finance services
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment, identifying areas for process simplification and improvement to undertake process enhancement projects in relation to accounting and finance services
Specific Business Knowledge:
- Knowledge of investment products including both accounting and investment characteristics
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of control environments/internal controls in an accounting and finance operation is an added advantage
- Knowledge of SAP FAM, SAP FICO, SAP CM, Ariba, Concur, BI and BPC
- Knowledge in Bloomberg, Reuters or any market data providers
- Knowledge in Robotic Processing Automation and Artificial Intelligence tools in the market
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as training technique
- Strong motivation, coaching and mentoring skills
Law, ERP, Manager, Lean Six Sigma, SAP, Legal, Technology, Management