IT/DR Senior Manager
- The Senior IT/DR Manager leads the Group's IT/DR program working closely with Group and Business Units BCM and IT/DR Managers, infrastructure and application support teams.
- Work with business continuity planning team to understand and establish Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) for critical business functions and related technology to embed in the IT DR plan.
- Coordinate with infrastructure team, application teams, vendors, and data center partners on the creation and maintenance of fit-to purpose DR plans and ensure adequacy of all application based DR Plans/ Activation Run books.
- Work with the IT technical staff to ensure the DR solutions security, integrity, and accessibility of data, databases, and information systems.
- Schedule and lead the planning, coordination, and execution of the disaster recovery exercises to validate the DR plan.
- Coordinate & facilitate Group and business unit's application related DR planning & execution activities
- Evaluate current processes and procedures for inefficiencies and make improvement recommendations
- Work to identify, test and implement new technology or practices that would increase the efficiency of IT's ability to recover systems in the event of a disaster
- Manage the administration, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures related to disaster recovery
- Establish and maintain detailed DR communications and command and control plans through a change management process
- Develop and produce program key performance indicators, metrics and reports that reflect overall health and viability of disaster recovery capabilities
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for any emergency, which may require activation of all or part of the IT business continuity or disaster recovery plans
- Job requirements
- Relevant experience, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experienced in coordinating large scale events such as data center disaster recovery tests, power downs, maintenance activities. Must have a hands-on experience on the entire process, from planning all the way to the actual coordination on the day of the activity.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in IT Service Continuity program management, IT disaster recovery plan development, maintenance and exercising with a large scale financial institution.
- Experience with and an understanding of enterprise data replication & automation technologies as well as DR network topology design and implementation.
- Application and Infrastructure knowledge & understanding to ensure proper planning for and implementation of a highly advanced disaster recovery alternate site capability and the corresponding DR program components
- Possess general technology knowledge (mainframe, distributed, network, middleware and storage, data backup technologies)
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Requires oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers, including management and staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in education and work experience
Developer, Program Manager, Information Systems, Manager, Mainframe, Technology, Management