Assistant Manager - Investment Accounting
Reporting to the Manager of Investment Accounting, this position shall be accountable for the support on management, technical ability/support and delivery relating to Investment Accounting projects in accordance with applicable accounting & regulatory policies, standard and guidelines.
- Support the Manager of Investment Accounting in managing the investment accounting related projects to ensure that all investment accounting projects are managed and executed accurately, in a complete manner and on a timely basis.
- Update new / change in investment accounting processing and manual in accordance with Business Process Manuals and applicable accounting policies & standards.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the Investment Accounting team.
- Attend and respond to investment accounting enquiries from Group and Local Finance and Investment Operations teams, and other relevant stakeholders, satisfactorily and in a timely manner relating to Investment Accounting projects as a subject matter expert.
- Assess, recommend and implement improvements in investment accounting processes and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency of daily processing, including interdependencies with upstream/downstream processes and systems and incorporation of changes onto Business Process Manuals.
- Support the Manager of Investment Accounting in resource planning, including budgeting and monitoring, recruitment and training, employee engagement and development, performance reviews and appraisals, and succession planning.
- University Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Internationally Recognized Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA, CPA etc)
- 5 + Years investment accounting experience in multi-national insurance, asset management and/or unit trust companies
- 1 + years of supervisory or management experience in the above position
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment providing project related investment operations and/or accounting services to external/internal stakeholders
Specific Business Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of investment products (fixed income, equities, funds, structured products, asset-backed securities, derivatives, money market etc) including both their investment characteristics and accounting treatments
- Knowledge of control environments in an investment operations and/or accounting environment
- Experience in investment accounting and/or operations systems (SAP FAM, Bloomberg, Reuters etc) and architecture
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as training technique
- Good motivation, coaching and mentoring skills
- Project Management effectiveness and able to motivate internal and external project team members
- Stakeholder satisfaction through high quality project deliverables
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Advance knowledge in Microsoft Excel is an added advantage
Assistant Manager, Accounting, ERP, Law, Equity, Management, Finance, Technology, Legal