- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Full time
Specialist Fund Data Management
Specialist Fund Data ManagementOutline of the team's responsibilities:
Product Services is a function that manages the operational implementation of funds and supports the data, documentation and reporting needs throughout the lifecycle of a Fund
• Support the sales and marketing process by providing transparency into our investment products;
• Formulation of monthly and quarterly fund-level reports for Schroders funds;
• Formulation and distribution of specific client reports
• Development of new fund data solutions or changes to existing fund data reporting;
• Build and maintain relationships with Distribution, Technology and other Business functions
Main individual duties:
A strong Fund/ Data analyst with prior experience in the fund industry is required as part of a larger Fund Data function responsible for supporting Fund Reporting.
Main responsibilities of the team include the following and the successful applicant will be expected to be involved in some or all of the below.
• Continuously look to question and improve processes with a view to improve customer experience
• Collect, condition, store and make available all fund data to support reporting (Fund Asset Allocation, AIFMD, Solvency II reporting, Investment Risk Reporting);
• Monitor and control Fund data ensuring timeliness, accuracy and completeness;
• Manage the communication with internal and external data providers (data vendors, banks, product managers);
• Perform analysis on new product launches- managing impacts to the database and providing key facts relevant for the sign off;
• Support the Solvency II Reporting process, and organise the production in order to ensure the delivery of the necessary data elements within prescribed frequency and deadlines
• Documentation of key events / information related to the activity of the team / Department including KPI, statistics, issues log and checklists.
• Maintain and review the control operating environment and ensure that controls are up to date and effective;
• Support other Schroders' Offices and teams with ad hoc data queries and requests;
• Maintain and review operating procedures and manuals, ensuring they are up to date and reflective of the current operating practice.
• Provide support to Projects according to plans and priorities assigned;
Education & Training/Qualifications:
• University degree- A Finance orientation would be beneficial;
• 2+ years work experience in a fund/investments related company would be beneficial
• Excellent English and at least one additional European language an advantage.
• CFA candidate or designation holder would be desirable but not essential.
• Skills and core competencies:
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Meticulous and attention to details;
• Analytical & control orientated;
• Proactive and open-minded;
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Strong knowledge and analysis skills of financial instruments - including derivatives, and general knowledge of the Fund industry
• Knowledge of AIFMD and Solvency II reporting requirements is a distinct advantage
• MS Excel is a must and experience with MS Access or other database software is an advantage;
• SQL and VBA expertise will be a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of the major financial information systems (Thomson Reuters, Morningstar, Bloomberg) would be advantageous;