Senior Manager AML/KYC
Who we're looking for
We in the distribution control department are looking for a self-starter colleague, that can work independently, has strong analytical skills, is flexible and has strong knowledge in AML/KYC and TA registration. We are responsible for the performance of initial and ongoing due diligence on Schroders' clients. We are all curious, interested in delivering high quality reports that the management can use to take decisions. Ideally, our future colleague should have a good understanding of distribution in the public and alternative assets space. The candidate will have to be fluent in English and any other spoken European language would be a value add.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
What you'll do
The role of the AML/KYC and Quality Assurance manager is to maintain a robust governance framework that supports Schroder Investment Management Europe (SIM EU) global operating model; ensuring adherence to the Group Due Diligence Mandatory Procedures in line with Schroders obligations under Luxembourg Law.
Effective management of day to day responsibilities pertinent to the Initial and Ongoing due diligence activities with an emphasis on quality and the awareness of money launding risk from a distribution perspective.
New and innovative ideas on how to better service clients and improve processes will be welcome in this role.
The Individual will have at least the following duties and responsabilities:
- Maintain 1st line of defence compliance with AML policy and Schroders distribution's principle.
- Develop effective controls related to AML in line with regulatory requirements and market practice.
- Lead part of the team in its performance of key AML activities, including client onboarding, screening monitoring and hand-over to the Schroders' third party administrators for registration.
- Implement a quality assurance program across the whole team to increase the quatily and the awareness of money laundry risk.
- Take ownership of complex AML matters and provide guidance and support to DCT (Distribution Control team) and other business teams like the CSM or the MLRO.
- Work closely with the AML/KYC Oversight Manager to effectively manage Schroders' third party administrators on delegated AML/KYC activities.
- Identify, manage and mitigate AML related tasks; report and escalate AML risks as needed.
- Represent the Distribution team in AML and onboarding continuous improvement projects (e.g.: digital transformation).
- Closely work with Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit and other business teams on BAU (Business as usual) and new AML requirements.
- Ensure all activities are in line with Schroder's Group Due Diligence Mandatory Procedures.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that you need
It would help you if have:
- A proven career in AML/KYC (minimum of 5 years) with in-depth knowledge of AML/KYC regulatory requirements and market practice, particularly in Luxembourg.
- A good understanding of the TA challenges and in particular familiar with the registration activities.
- A strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- A proven leadership, people management and organisational skills.
- Experienced in ad vising a sizeable team on a day to day basis and make key decisions.
- Experience of managing significant regulatory change in both a BAU and project environment, as well as effective relationship management skills with third party administrators.
- Exposure to digital transformation projects of the client on-boarding and due diligence processes.
- Excellent relationship building skills with internal stakeholders: CSM (Client Service Management), MLRO (Money Laundering Reporting Officer), Legal and Compliance.
- A University degree or relevant professional qualification.
- A fluent in English skills, another European language would be an asset.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
What you'll be like
- You are a decision taker with solution oriented mind-set, capable of taking initiatives.
- You are able to multi-task, work under pressure with respect to the deadlines.
- You are able to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- You are enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude.
- You gain commitment through excellent influencing skills.
- You never compromise on quality of the AML reviews and adhere strictly to the policy.
- You pay good attention to detail while appreciating the bigger picture.
- You are focused and follow topics till their full resolution.
- You are a teamplayer.