Senior AML Specialist
Senior AML Specialist Transfer Agency Location
The position is based in Northern Trust offices in Luxembourg Role
AML Support and Controls: Liaise with investors/clients to meet compliance and operational requirements, and ensure various control functions Summary of Functions
• On boarding and Off boarding of Investors :
• Controls on AML activities
• Internal / external Audits
• Internal Documentation review Principal Responsibilities On boarding and Off boarding of Investors
• Management of fund launches
• Fund transition pre-testing and management of transitions in for Investor AML.
• Analyse the investor profile, determine the risk level and collect the required set of documentation to meet applicable laws and regulations and in the respect of Northern Trust internal AML Policy procedures
• Transmit the relevant communications to Clients/Investors related to the above Controls on AML activities
• Overnight screening management through Fircosoft
• Ongoing due diligence: Assess the content of the documents for completion and compliance to:
1. Standard Registration requirements
2. Pre-determined Anti-Money Laundering / Know your Client requirements
• Maintenance of PEP registers (PEPs identified through pre-screening and the overnight Fircosoft process).
• Transaction monitoring process
• Testing of AML Letter of Assurance / Letter of Comfort if applicable
• QA review of Complex Investor AML Operations' compliance with NT Investor AML processes and procedures. Internal / external Audits
• Handle all funds and auditors queries related to AML: Management of internal-external audit/ global compliance testing/ regulator reviews
• Respond to all clients and / or associated internal departmental queries in a timely, accurate and professional manner in accordance with departmental procedures. Internal Documentation review
• Application Forms and Prospectuses reviews
• procedures Accountabilities
• Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
• Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, and ensure that the responsibilities of the role are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management.
• Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties. Relationships Internal Key Stakeholders
• Relationship Managers and CSM
• Internal Clients External Key Stakeholders
• External Clients
• External Auditors / Trustees and Compliance
• Shareholders Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• Transfer Agency Line of Business system, understanding of processing and related concepts
• Transfer Agency Workflow processing system and concepts
• Basic but strong AND up to date understanding of AML regulations
• Computer literate
• Lotus Notes / Microsoft email
• Microsoft Excel, Word
• Transfer Agency
• Operational experience gained in a TPA, TA or Fund Management operation
• Effective risk management
• Customer Service experience
• Extensive knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and current regulatory environment
• An understanding of investment product administration
A strong / high level of the below:
• Understand principles of quality delivery
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Planning / Organisational skills
• Work under pressure and unsupervised
• Interpersonal / Team player
• Self-motivated / Own initiative About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.