Sales Associate – 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Support the Sales Team steam in achieving annual targets by focusing on business development in Pensions, Insurance, Corporate/ Baking, OCIO/ Fiduciary Management, Traditional Asset Management and Alternative Asset Management sectors. Targeting and winning mandates from new and existing EMEA clients.
Maintains up to date market research of target markets/sectors. Supports the relationshimp management and sales teams to gather accurate information from the business and reviews client responses to ensure it is customised to prospects needs. Responsible for preparing commercials and following fee review process. The Sales Associate will provide first class support to the sales managers to develop new business opportunities along with supporting the broader relationship management team on re-bid opportunities. This role is based in Luxembourg and has primary support for 2 sales managers in location and ad-hoc support to the rest of the EMEA team.
1. Liaise with other Sales associates across Northern Trust to support responses, gather client requests and prepare for due diligence preparation
2. Maintain up to date market research of target markets/sectors and research new markets/sectors of interest to Northern Trust.
3. Research prospect profile and work alongside sales managers on key deals to build value propositions specific to each prospect.
4. Manage and prepare the fee model/proposals for EMEA sales and ensure that all required supporting documentation is in place and regularly checked for updates. Ensuring that the fee review process is strictly adhered to.
5. Prepare, support and coordinate all aspects relating to sales presentations and due diligence visits such as presentation booklets, supporting sales collateral, agendas, etc.
6. Maintain up-to-date client data within CRM databases, keep accurate records, support call report completion/filing and run periodic reports as required
7. Represent NT alongside sales team at certain conferences as appropriate.
8. Assist sales team in the preparation and running of certain NT conferences working alongside the events managers.
9. Produce sales reports on a regular and ah hoc basis as required by senior management. Collaborating with the US Sales Team on global reporting and initiatives.
10. Analyze prospect data to assist sales team focus on target markets/prospects, differentiators and product gaps.
11. Coordinating sales meetings, producing comprehensive briefing documents/research ahead of meetings - may attend meetings where appropriate.
12. Develop a strong working knowledge of the products that Northern Trust offer, attending product and training sessions.
13. Work closely with the RFP team, collaborating with various internal parties to deliver the rfp and associated documents within the deadlines.
14. May manage cross-train/support team members
15. Participate with the sales managers to develop and execute business strategy. This includes working with the Sales Managers on using the Franklin Covey, Helping Clients Succeed methodology for strategic planning and preparation. Helping complete various associated documentation.
16. Be an ambassador of Northern Trust, working with Sales Managers, Deal Managers and other Sales Associates to genuinely differentiate Northern Trust during the sales process. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
• Knowledge of financial products and services and basic sales concepts usually obtained through related work experience or formal education is required to assist with sales process
• High quality interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills are required to interact with stakeholders/clients.
• Advanced excel and powerpoint skills
• Ability to react well to pressure and work to tight deadlines
• High level of attention to detail and time management
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Be able to prioritize daily workloads, ability to multi-task whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure
• Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be very comfortable working with numbers
• Dynamic candidates, autonomous, with a desire to work in a very collegiate team and have the ability to work independently
• To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating customers fairly.
• Demonstration of initiative, accountability and focus on quality EXPERIENCE:
• Relevant exposure to a sales environment and financial sector exposure.
• Experience of working with teams outside of home location
• Fluent in French or German would be an advantage
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.