SPV ACCOUNTANT, PRIVATE EQUITY HOUSE (M/F)
In the context of a strong development of its business and a migration to a new IT tool, our client , a prestigious PE firm, wishes to further strengthen its Luxembourg team in charge of fund administration and is currently looking for a newly qualified accountant or a graduate with an accounting degree and experience in the Fund industry, ideally within Private Equity sector.
The position is based in Luxembourg.
The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the accounting team and under the direct supervision of the Head of Fund Administration.
She/he will have excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy working as part of a smaller team.
THE JOB :
• Maintaining accurate accounting records including cashbook entries and all quarter end journals for the vehicles in your scope
• Reconciliation of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts, including intercompany accounts and bank reconciliation
• Reviewing legal documents to ensure that appropriate accounting entries are recorded
• Preparing quarterly management accounts
• Producing year-end statutory accounts
• Producing and filing regulatory returns (BCL reports for 4 entities)
• Preparing intercompany recharges
• Preparing VAT declarations and CIT returns and liaising with external tax adviser
• Preparing year-end files and liaising with auditors
THE CANIDIDATE :
• Newly qualified accountant, holding a recognized Accountancy qualification and/or educated to degree level in a finance related discipline with previous fund accounting experience
• At least 4 years of professional experience as an accountant (private equity sector or fund industry would be a plus)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Candidate must have a good knowledge of the English and French language (oral and writing)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, particularly Excel
• Good knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP
• Ability to build and develop relationships with internal/external stakeholders as well as previous experience working with auditors
• Good attention to detail and reaching high-level quality standards is your main goal (mandatory)
• You work with flexibility and are a strong team player
• Curious, willing to learn, well organized, autonomous, solution driven and proactive
Our client is a prestigious private equity boutique.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.