SENIOR FINANCIAL CONTROLLER (M/F)
THE JOB :
Our client is seeking to recruit a high caliber individual to play a leading role in his Finance and Accounting Management & Corporate Services team reporting into the Associate Director in charge of the team, based in the Management Company's Luxembourg office.
The successful candidate will be part of a broader team located in Luxembourg, Boston and London with the following responsibilities:
Fund and Management Company Financial Control
* Monitor financial position of the Management Company and overseeing delegated activities
* Implement and monitor a new process for payments of invoices for the Management Company and the Funds
* Provide analysis on operating expenses to determine the asset levels at which funds are profitable
* Management Company Capital adequacy monitoring
* Manage relationships with the Auditor and the Administrators, in relation to Fund Financial Reporting in Ireland, Luxembourg, Canada, Cayman Island and Australia
* Coordinate Funds Annual Audit and manage Auditor Relationships
* Funds Annual Report and Financial Statements Review
* Coordinate with the Auditor in preparation of the Funds Long-form Report in Luxembourg
* Semi-annual Funds Financial Statements Review
* Review of all Funds Financial Statement Templates
* Key point person on IFRS and Luxembourg GAAP
* Manage translation and publication of Funds Financial Statements to comply with country registration requirements
Fund and Management Company Governance
* Monthly Administrator and Depositary Report Review Oversee regulatory filings
* Board of Managers/Directors Reporting
* Conducting Person Reporting
* Oversee regulatory filings
* Provide administration support for resolution of UCITS/guideline breaches
* UCITS Directive and AIFM Directive Operational Support
* Review and implement new regulatory requirements e.g. Remuneration disclosures, SFTR disclosure, PRIIPS etc.
* Maintain relationship with Internal Audit provider and coordinate the various reviews of controls
* Provide operational risk assessments of current processes and identify issues that arise/could arise on the Funds and Management Company work with stakeholders to resolve these on a proactive basis
Vendor Due Diligence
* Key Performance Indicator Monitoring and Reporting
* Provide back-up and assistance to Global Fund Controllers
* Completion of annual and periodic reviews of due diligence questionnaires
* Annual review of service provider controls reports e.g. SSAE16, SOC1, etc.
Work on various and changeable tasks to support other business functions, this could include but not limited to:
* Support the Fund Control function
* Lead projects related to new regulatory requirements or business changes, to assess the impact they will have on the business and operations
* Ownership and identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the Finance and Accounting Management & Corporate Services function
* Recognize areas of reporting inefficiency between the service providers and the Management Company and collaborate with internal systems consultants to develop and integrate customized automated reports.
* Support broader efforts across the firm to assess critical vendor capabilities and business continuity processes
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE :
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* An undergraduate degree
* Extensive experience working in the Funds or Banking industry; ideally with a background in UCITS and regulated alternative funds domiciled in Europe, Cayman Islands and/or Canada
* Sound knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS
* Experience of project management and/or Fund accounting would be considered as a plus
* ACCA/ACA qualification (or equivalent) would be desirable but relevant experience would be looked on favorably.
* Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
* Strong IT skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Team oriented attitude
* Fluency in English is required
THE CLIENT :
Our client is an international investment management company.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.