Fund Administration Analyst
Fund Accountant / Fund Accounting Background - Oversight Experience
We are proud to be working with one of the largest custodian banks in the world, a company with a strong reputation, a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology.
The client cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve their diverse client base. They strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. They encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
Stats as of 2018
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets
Working in the Fund Administration in Luxembourg, you will be part of a team that is central to the success of our fund administration activities, with diverse responsibilities for the validation, maintenance, control of funds administered in Luxembourg.
• Perform daily oversight of investment fund net asset value calculations and ensure net asset values pass all quality tests timely and accurately
• Very good knowledge of general Accounting rules and principles
• Understanding of the fund business workflow with various actors (Custody, TA, Portfolio Managers,…)
• Review of NAV Error and perform impact calculation
• Follow/Argue NAV error/Impact calculation with Auditors and Management Companies
• Support the team in the major integration project to support the migration of Fund Administration operations to the targeted operating model
• Liaison with the client and Management Companies to work on fund expense budget elaboration
• Liaison with third parties and internally for company set up, liquidation, merger issues.
• Input and maintenance of Fund Static Data
• Supporting the analysis and implementation of changes in services required by regulatory or legal changes. Working with the product management teams, IT and business analysts in planning and executing solutions so that changes in mandatory data are available in time.
• Good knowledge of fund accounting and legal/regulatory requirements
Qualifications & Skills
• The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant field (e.g. accounting, finance, economics or similar) with post-graduate experience in a fund accounting position
• The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge fund accounting, at least 4-5 years of experiences as fund accountant (UCITs / traditional funds)
• Proven track of previous successful accounting role, ability to understand and deal with all funds accounting oversight duties (Dividend distribution, Corporate Action booking, Performance Fees, Pricing accuracy, share class deviation…)
• Familiarity with MIG21 or GP3 is an asset
• Champion cooperation and partnership with your team colleagues, while able to complete tasks independently
• Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with people at all levels
• Flexibility to work on late shift to support the target operating model.
• Good communication skills in English and French (written and spoken)
• Min 5 years experience in Fund accounting
• GP3 knowledge
• NAV calcualtion & cash reconciliation
This is a contract (freelance) position, with an initial duration of 6 months. It is very likely to then be extended.