At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
The Luxembourg Risk team is responsible for risk oversight of M&G Luxembourg S.A. and of the funds under the governance of the management company. The team has also under its remit the investment risk oversight for real estate funds globally.
The Luxembourg Risk team comprises of three individuals including the Risk Director/Conducting Officer. The team is fully integrated within the Group Risk function and the Risk Director/Conducting Officer reports to the M&G Chief Risk Officer.
The team works closely with the Investment teams, Business Executives and Senior Management.
We are looking for a Manager and risk professional to support the team fulfilling its mandate.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
Manager or Expert:
· For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
· For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
· Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
· Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
· Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
· Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
· Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this Role:
· As part of the Luxembourg Risk team, key responsibilities of the role include:
· Supporting the definition, development and delivery of effective Risk Analysis and Reporting for M&G Luxembourg and the funds under its governance.
· Driving the development and delivery of regular and ad hoc risk reporting for stakeholders across M&G, including Risk Committees and forums, Management Company board, fund boards and other key stakeholders.
· Leading the development and maintenance of the M&G Luxembourg Risk Policies and procedures, and additional guidance.
· Supporting the coordination and analysis of the Risk Control Self Assessments including the preparation of data, facilitation of workshops, reporting of results and active membership of working groups and Committees as required.
· Working with key parties to support the development and ongoing maintenance of the Risk process.
· Leading on responses to risk reporting requests from external parties, including the CSSF.
· Attending relevant business meetings (boards, committees, groups, forums) where requested.
· Continuously seeking to improve the risk analysis and reporting of risk information, responding to requests and feedback from key stakeholders as well as maintaining awareness of industry trends, best practice and regulatory developments.
· Building constructive and supportive working relationships with Business Executives and Management across the M&G business.
· Building constructive and supportive working relationships with the wider risk team and liaising with other areas to assist in developing a co-ordinated approach to risk reporting.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Expert level knowledge of Operational Risk in financial services.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to an Executive, Board and Committee level.
· Detailed knowledge of risk reporting requirements, policies and standards, risk training, scenario analysis and risk systems.
· Experience with working in a 2nd line risk team.
· Experience with working in financial services.
· Experience with development and evolution of risk reporting.
· Experience with developing and maintaining Risk Policies and supporting Standards.
· Experience with operational risk scenarios.
· Experience with implementation and ongoing support of an operational risk system.
· Previous Senior Management exposure.
· Coding skills in R, Python a plus
· Client focused, and forward looking, with the intention to add value.
· Curious and continually looking to seek out improvements.
· Strong drive and delivery, committed to achieving results and delivering on time.
· Strong analytical thinking and a critical evaluator of information/issues.
· Excellent influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
· A proactive team player, good at working with others.
· Excellent relationship development skills.
· Master degree in Finance, economics, mathematics, physics or business-related field, or equivalent experience
· Risk professional qualification such as CFA, GARP, PRMIA a plus
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Tom Hunt
Closing Date: 13/12/2019
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environmen
t makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.