Pictet Asset Services (PAS) is the leading European boutique for active investors seeking custodian bank services, fund servicing, fund governance and global custody solutions. In this role you will report directly to the PAS Chief Risk Officer and manage PAS regulatory projects. The team you will be joining is responsible for business risk compliance, investment risk and asset management oversight across our client range (asset managers and institutional investors).
Pictet is an investment-led service company, offering wealth management, asset management and related services. We are a partnership of seven owner managers and our principles of succession and transmission of ownership have remained unchanged since foundation in 1805.
Our purpose is to build responsible partnerships with our clients, communities, and the companies in which we invest, in order to safeguard and transmit wealth, of all kinds, in the service of the real economy.
With more than CHF 576 billion in assets under management or custody at 31 December 2019, Pictet is today one of the leading Europe-based independent wealth and asset managers.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and founded there, Pictet today employs more than 4,200 people. It has 28 offices in: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Basel, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Lausanne, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Monaco, Montreal, Munich, Nassau, Osaka, Paris, Rome, Singapore, Stuttgart, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Turin, Verona and Zurich.
Job description: Your team
Pictet Asset Services (PAS) is the leading European boutique for active investors seeking custodian bank services, fund servicing, fund governance and global custody solutions.
In this role you will report directly to the PAS Chief Risk Officer and manage PAS regulatory projects. The team you will be joining is responsible for business risk compliance, investment risk and asset management oversight across our client range (asset managers and institutional investors). Your role
- Acting as a source of insight and advice, capable of anticipating change and addressing the consequences of financial regulatory policy.
- Ensuring that PAS and our clients constantly stay ahead of changing regulatory trends.
- Monitoring regulatory change by setting up a regulatory watch and ensuring the regulatory cockpit is kept up to date.
- Identifying and assessing regulatory impact across the following three dimensions, taking into account PAS’s geographical footprint and client segments:
- business strategy and servicing models (including servicing opportunities)
- operating models
- operational processes.
- Ensuring implementation by:
- setting up and managing dedicated programmes/projects
- coordinating programmes/projects carried out by other Pictet stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Group Regulatory Office and representing PAS in Group-wide projects to ensure the consistency of our positioning.
- University degree, or qualification deemed equivalent.
- Five to ten years’ experience in financial regulation, either as a business/project manager, consultant or legal/regulatory advisor in the banking sector.
- Good understanding of the asset servicing industry, including key regulatory challenges experienced by our clients (asset and wealth managers, and institutional investors).
- Ability to design a strategic vision around regulatory change.
- Desire to nurture strong relationships and ensure a high level of buy-in, thanks to outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to the seniority/profile of your audience by giving either summary views or detailed analyses.
- Willingness to engage with stakeholders (e.g. operations, IT or CRMs) on detailed aspects of a project (e.g. business specifications or prototypes)
- Successful track record of managing complex, high-risk and strategic projects.
- Excellent command of French and English (spoken and written).
Note We will not accept any CVs via agencies