The Registration Team performs account set up and static data maintenance on the register of shareholders in line with Luxembourg regulatory requirements. The Registration Services VP/Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing a team of Registration administrators/team leaders. He/she will have a management of managers’ function. He/she will have direct client contact and will represent the Registration department in Client engagement forums. The role requires involvement in KPI and department performance discussions with the Client and IFDS Senior Management.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our CEO Statement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- He/she will act as the 3rd escalation point for Registration BAU related matters
- Set clear targets and standards for performance and behaviours and ensures processes are in place to support individuals to achieve them. Advocate recognition and rewarding of excellence
- Coach team and develop their skills. Promote inter-team involvement and cooperation to achieve the business goals
- Create a risk and control focused environment where quality is an intrinsic part of every process and the way in which everyone works
- Draft and implement any new AMLK/KYC policies or procedures
- Work closely with the Compliance/MLRO team on the implementation of AML/KYC updated or new regulations and laws
- Liaise with the Compliance and Risk Departments to escalate any AML and KYC issues and ensure swift and compliant resolution
- Promote continuous process improvement
- Actively encourage and practice clear, open and direct communication. Demonstrate strategies for influencing others
- Create a customer-focused environment influencing across own and other divisions
- Interact daily with various operational units within the company as well as with our business partners, sister companies, clients and auditors.
- The VP/Manager will review and approve rationale for changes in FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) and budget requirements
- He/she will be the owner of the production and accuracy of the department’s Management Information Reporting.
The role will report into a ‘Head of’ or may report to another ‘Senior Manager’.
Where people management is the focus, the role will manage a team of managers or technical professionals to deliver against their objectives.
- The role will input to the overall team’s strategy.
- For roles with a technical focus, the role holder will input to the direction of their own discipline.
- The role holder will have joint responsibility for monitoring/reporting on resources and budgets.
- The role will be required to establish effective collaborative relations with peers and senior management mainly internally, although some roles may require external communication as well.
Knowledge and Expertise
- The role will require an good understanding of the business processes relevant to their team, a basic understanding of business processes across the area and a basic commercial awareness.
- Where the role has a technical focus, the role holder will be a specialist within a technical discipline inputting into the direction of their discipline.
The role will manage a medium sized team of individuals which sits within a team of the business. Alternatively, where there is a technical focus the role will be a specialist within a technical discipline inputting into the direction of their discipline.
Experience & Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial services industry within a management role having managed teams of at least 15 persons
- Good working knowledge of Luxembourg Anti-Money Laundering and other applicable regulations
- Ability to work in fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision maker
- Self-reliant, self-motivated, and able to manage conflicting priorities
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook…)
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance, business administration, audit, legal or equivalent professional qualification"
- Fluent in English with strong language skills as clear preference
- Additional languages (e.g. German, French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are considered assets.
- Manages risk with reputational and financial impact on the team.
- Demonstrates integrity in making decisions.
- This is a leadership role who will lead an area/team within the business, directing the implementation of the team’s strategy, whilst having significant influence on the area’s strategy.
- Demonstrates commitment to IFDS Group Values
- Role models active corporate citizenship through involvement in mentoring leadership characteristics (leaders teaching leaders), being a culture carrier, impacting diversity goals
- Motivates and influences team members to a high level of performance to meet immediate team objectives and deliver towards overall team goals.
- Inspires and empowers others to maximize performance to contribute to the overall Team strategy.
- Strong communication skills will be required with the ability to guide, influence and convince their team and others, in particular colleagues across the business.
- Good mentoring skills.
- Understands overall team business processes and ensures immediate team delivers in line with these in order to meet overall team goals.
- Monitoring and escalating budget/resources for immediate team.
- Implementing changes within immediate team to meet overall team strategy.
•Inputting to overall team strategy and driving/implementing initiatives within immediate team.