Product Control Senior Specialist (M/F)
Senior Specialist (M/F)
Who we're looking for
We seek a dynamic and experienced candidate to join our diverse team and work collaboratively to support our
product growth strategy, fulfil our regulatory obligations and approach work with a service centric mind set to ensure our clients get first in class service in our domain of expertise.
As a Product Control Senior Specialist, you will report to the Head of Product Control.
The role centres around maintaining oversight and expertise pertaining to activities and providers supporting Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, FX, Collateral and Depositary services across all asset classes. This includes oversight of activities supported by our internal delegates, i.e. our EMEA Operations Hub. You will also contribute to adapting our operating model and oversight framework as required when onboarding new products and related services.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people across six continents and have been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes to be at the forefront to meet our client demands. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, staff and society, prosper.
Schroder Investment Management (Europe) S.A. is a Management Company and Alternative Investment Fund Manager for products domiciled in Europe.
Responsiblities within the team include maintaining regulatory oversight on our delegates. This includes the organisation and management of weekly project calls, monthly/ quarterly service review meetings, the review and analysis of KPI's received, the management of initial and annual due diligence visits and acting as a central point of contact for our delegates.
Our team consists of 7 people from diverse backgrounds. Each team member complements the team with their individual strengths. The team culture is dynamic and collaborative with each team member responsible for their own tasks and supportive towards the tasks of others. Our team is encouraged and empowered to put ideas forward, show creativity and develop knowledge to support their personal growth and the growth of the firm.
What you'll do
- Oversee activities and providers with respect to Fund Administration, Transfer Agent, shareholder/ share class FX and Collateral, and Depositary services
- Oversee and work in collaboration with teams in our EMEA Hub
- Review/ analyse KPI's received
- Ensure that agreed governance is followed to fulfil all Management Company and Alternative Investment Fund Manager's regulatory responsibilities
- Contribute to projects in aid of new or changes to existing products and product features
- Support annual fund audits
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Bachelor and/or Master's degree Universtiy degree in preferably in Finance or Economics
- Fluency in English, any other language considered a benefit
- Good understanding of regulatory and commercial environment in which Management Companies and AIFs operate
- Strong Fund Industry knowledge in product delivery or client servicing
- Project management, strong organisational skills and able to meet deadlines
- Very strong Fund Accounting, Valuation and Transfer Agent knowledge
- Knowledge in Real Assets (e.g. Private Equity, Real Estate) is a significant advantage
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Experience in Fund Accounting and certain Fund Accounting tasks such as performance fee calculation, swing pricing, fund valuation
- Knowledge in Depositary and Custodian activities
- Transfer Agency experience across asset classes
- Experience with data management and governance, content management and work flow tools
- Knowledge to oversee complex fund structures
What you'll be like
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Posess an analytical mindset with ability to effectively analyse processes across functions
- Have eye for detail and ability to zoom out and look at topics with a helicopter view
- Are passionate about what you do and keen to learn more about our industry and open for a personal challenge
- Enjoy driving initiatives, develop ideas both in a (project) team as leader or participant
- Able to engage and communicate with external stakeholders and various stakeholders within the organisation, i.e. across different functional lines, regions and levels of seniority
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.