- Permanent, Full time
- Arendt & Medernach
- 19 Mar 18
- Full time
Private Funds Associates (M/F)
Arendt & Medernach is the leading independent business law firm in Luxembourg. The firm’s international team of more than 325 legal professionals represents Luxembourg and foreign clients in all areas of Luxembourg business law from its main office in Luxembourg and representative offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York and Paris.
Our specialised practice areas allow us to offer a complete range of Luxembourg legal services tailored to client’s individual needs across all areas of business law: Banking & Finance, Corporate, Tax and Capital Markets, Investment Management, Private Equity-Real Estate, Commercial & Litigation.
- You will strengthen a team within which you will advise mainly alternative fund managers in respect of the structuring of their investment vehicles as well as their underlying investments, restructuring projects, formation of joint ventures, etc.;
- You will draft/review all relevant legal documentation (placement memorandum, limited partnership agreements, investment management agreement, subscription documents, etc.);
- You will assist with regulatory issues related mainly to the impact of the AIFMD on the structuring of alternative funds;
- You will participate in meetings and/or conference calls with clients with a view to discussing their projects; you will follow -up on clients’ requests and draft opinions and documents under the supervision of the partner in charge;
- You will be rapidly involved in knowledge sharing initiatives and will be required to manage your files with increasing autonomy.
- You hold a university degree in law, ideally completed by an LL.M.
- You have gained 1-2 years of professional experience (within the fields of company law, mergers/acquisitions and/or private equity/real estate);
- You have a perfect command of English, both spoken and written. Fluency in French or German would be considered an advantage;
- You possess proven listening skills and analytical rigour which enable you to gain the trust of internal and external contact persons;
- You are open-minded, dynamic, flexible and capable of working in a team in an organised and independent manner.