NAV Plausability Controller
Job Title: Nav Plausability Controller
Location: Kirchberg Department Overview
Working in the Fund Administration Product Control team in Luxembourg, you will be part of a team that is central to the success of our fund administration activities, with responsibility for the validation of funds administered in Luxembourg. The team are in close contact with internal and external service providers in the investment fund business (e.g. portfolio managers, fund development specialists, management companies, auditors and regulators). Main Duties
• Perform daily oversight of investment fund net asset value calculations and ensure net asset values pass all quality tests timely and accurately
• Very good knowledge of general Accounting rules and principles
• Understanding of the fund business workflow with various actors (Custody, TA, Portfolio Managers,...)
• Good communication skills in English and French (written and spoken)
• Review of NAV Error and perform impact calculation
• Follow/Argue NAV error/Impact calculation with Auditors and Management Companies
• Ability to define Remedial Action Plan after NAV Error
• Support the team in the major integration project to support the migration of Fund Administration operations to the targeted operating model Qualifications And Skills
• The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant field (e.g. accounting, finance, economics or similar) with post-graduate experience in a fund accounting position
• The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge fund accounting and relevant experience as fund accountant (UCITs / traditional funds)
• Proven track of previous successful accounting role, NAV plausibility controller will perform all funds accounting oversight duties (Dividend distribution, Corporate Action booking, Performance Fees, Pricing accuracy, share class deviation...)
• Familiarity with MIG21 or GP3 is an asset
• Ability to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines
• Champion cooperation and partnership with your team colleagues, while able to complete tasks independently
• Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with people at all levels
• Flexibility to work on late shift to support the target operating model. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
• Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
• We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.