Legal Counsel (female/male)
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Börse AG
- 17 Nov 18
Clearstream International SA
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the largest exchange organisations worldwide. It organises markets characterised by integrity, transparency and safety for investors who invest capital and for companies that raise capital – markets on which professional traders buy and sell financial instruments according to clear rules and under strict supervision. With its services and systems, Deutsche Börse Group ensures the functioning of these markets and a level playing field for all participants – worldwide.
However, Deutsche Börse Group’s products and services are by no means limited to trading “as such”: its business areas cover the entire value chain in the financial services sector, ranging from pre-IPO services and the admission of securities, through trading, clearing and settlement to custody services and other financial instruments, along with collateral and liquidity management. Additionally, the Group provides IT services, indices and market data worldwide.
Field of activity
As Legal Counsel, you will be mainly dealing with legal issues relating to Clearstream’s custody and settlement business with a focus on the law of investment funds. The core of your activities will be on providing legal assistance to internal customers.
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts
- Provide internal legal assessments and advise on legal issues
- Coordinate legal tasks in relation with internal projects
- Compile and analyse legal and regulatory developments
- Fully Luxembourg qualified lawyer. A degree in German or French law as well as a postgraduate degree in law is an asset.
- Around 5+ years of professional experience in the finance industry or in a law firm
- Focus on funds and/or hedge funds business and experience in securities lending/ financing and banking law is an asset.
- Knowledge of the distribution of funds and/or hedge funds and of legal aspects of distribution and platform agreements for distributors and fund providers will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant general Luxembourg, Swiss and/or German legal and regulatory environment will be an advantage.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English. French and German will be an advantage.