Northern Trust is now recruiting an Auditor to join the Audit Services function to focus on audits of Northern Trust's activities within EMEA.
Based in Luxembourg, the role is a direct report to an the Head of Audit in Luxembourg. The successful applicant will be responsible for conducting assigned internal audit reviews within Northern Trust businesses, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects. The successful applicant will gain exposure to the many different types of businesses within Northern Trust's vast product offering.
The role may require limited travel. Key Responsibilities
- Utilizes appropriate audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls
- Assist in determining the audit scope and audit testing approach, in conjunction with the Auditor In Charge (Senior Auditor)
- Conduct and document audit testing of key controls within specified areas and identify reportable issues of risk
- Perform testing in accordance with Audit Services Standards. Producing clear and concise documentation aligning test attributes with test objectives, and connecting conclusions reached with test results
- Assist the Auditor In Charge in the reporting of issues to business partners, including drafting audit issues
- Facilitate issue tracking and the validation of issue closure
- Escalating on a timely basis when deadlines are at risk of being met, justification and providing an updated realistic revised deadline.
- Contribute to the further enhancement of Audit Services processes and provide input to special projects, as assigned.
About Northern Trust:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant audit, risk management, regulatory, or funds industry experience
- Experience of auditing together with knowledge of risk and control activities, including operational and compliance risks
- Knowledge of auditing in the Financial Services industry and related work experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong communication, report writing and work paper documentation skills
- Experience in the asset servicing/investment management industry, preferably in Luxembourg
- Professional audit / accounting certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) started but not necessarily completed.
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.