Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our CEO Statement.
Grow your career at IFDS
IFDS is a joint venture between affiliates of Boston-based State Street Corporation, the world’s leading provider of services to institutional investors, and DST Systems Inc., a Kansas City, Missouri-based leading provider of shareholder accounting services and proprietary systems.
Both organizations have over 40 years’ experience and joint venture track record via our sister company in the US, Boston Financial Data Services (BFDS). Together we form part of the world’s largest investor record-keeping / transfer agency services provider.
In the role of Transfer Agent - Investor Services you will be responsible for:
- The Investor Services team is a Client Facing role.
- The Investor Services team answers all queries received via phone, email, facsimile and post from external sources -shareholders, brokers, financial intermediaries, our Client and internally from IFDS cross location functional teams supporting this business.
- The Investor Services Senior Associate is an integral part of ensuring that a high quality service is delivered to the client, shareholders, brokers and financial intermediaries. Achieving high quality service is a team effort and the Investor Services Senior Associate needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure other team members do so too.
- The Investor Services Senior Associate will work independently and will also work on improving established guidelines and practices.
- The Investor Services Senior Associate plays a supporting role to the Managers and drives operational excellence by implementing and embedding a continuous improvement culture.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and direction in a group environment.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues. Maintains open communication channels.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future. Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that procedural/ system changes are updated into the team procedures.
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Result Areas, both in terms of quality, productivity and accuracy of information given to the customer.
- Excellent knowledge of the company and interdependencies between Client Services and other business functions.
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Self-motivated, organized and flexible to new ideas.
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls and add value to the end client experience.
- Initiate sharing of ideas, processes, client requirements and knowledge through effective proactive assistance to team members, maintain also adequate documentation for reference.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Fluent in English and German clear preference.
- Successfully attended final second-level education (BAC+2 minimum) or equivalent professional qualification.
- University degree in accounting, banking, finance or business administration will be considered as a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience and expertise in Transfer Agency or Financial Services involving staff supervision and operation management.
- Additional languages (e.g. German, French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are assets.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook…)
- Strong client focus.
- Strong communication skills - adapting style to audience and including senior levels both internally and externally.
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks.