IFDS-AML Registration Team, Associate
Who we are looking for:
The Registration Team performs account set up and static data maintenance on the register of shareholders in line with Luxembourg regulatory requirements.
A Registration Associate performs shareholders new accounts AML/KYC assessment and certain static data maintenance on the register in line with Luxembourg AML/KYC regulatory requirements. The role will have direct contact with investors. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for What you will be responsible for
As IFDS-AML Registration Team, Associate 1 you will Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform shareholders new accounts AML/KYC assessment and certain static data maintenance on the register in line with Luxembourg AML/KYC regulatory requirements
- Oversight of account openings and static data maintenance
- Ensure new account openings adhere to internal KYC and AML policy
- Review work practices, monitor service levels and implement change where necessary to improve the quality within the department and ensure necessary controls are in place
- Assist in fund conversion and new fund set-up
- Ensure strict adherence to internal rules, policies and procedures
- Conduct quality assurance and due diligence on existing clients, taking action where necessary
- Client contact to include communicating due diligence matters to investors, fund managers and compliance officers
- Reporting any suspicious behavior in relation to AML guidelines
The role will report into a Team Leader and Manager. Management Scope
- The role will have no management responsibilities.
Candidate Capability Engage People
- The role will deliver against goals/targets that the team manager has set for the individual.
- The role will have a basic understanding that these in turn, deliver to the team goals.
- The role holder will understand that any financial spend will need to be authorised by the Manager.
The role will be required to establish effective collaborative relations with peers and Manager. Knowledge and Expertise
The role will require a basic understanding of the business processes relevant to their role, a basic understanding of how these relate to the business processes within the overall team, and a basic commercial awareness. YOUR PROFILE Role Scope
The role will operate under close supervision within a structured environment undertaking the relevant training provided.
Where relevant, committed to completing the learning required by their apprenticeship contract. Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in a similar position is preferred
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook...)
- Strong client focus
•Fluent in English with strong language skills as clear preference
•Additional languages (e.g. German, French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are considered assets. What We value CORE COMPETENCIES Risk
- Manages risk within their individual role by following set procedures and understands that the impact of such risk may include financial and reputational damage to team.
- Demonstrates integrity in making decisions within the framework of their role.
Candidate Capability Personal Impact
- Demonstrates commitment to IFDS Group Values.
- Demonstrates commitment to the ACE scheme where relevant.
- Encourages immediate colleagues to achieve a high level of performance to meet their objectives/targets.
- Understands that their work may impact on the work of other team members and ensures tasks are completed to the relevant standard and in a timely manner.
- Basic communication skills will be required.
- Has a good understanding of the tasks performed within own role. Tasks are generally basic and routine
- Delivers against goals and targets set by team manager, acting within well-defined basic procedures.
- Able to implement changes to the way tasks are completed, as guided by team Leader/Manager and defined within procedures and processes. Training may be required to support implementation of changes.
What we do.
- Able to support innovation by following team managers direction when there are changes/improvements to procedures and processes.
- Able to provide feedback on how these changes work in practice.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks.