IAAS Technical Leader - CDI - M/F-(H/F)
- Permanent, Full time
- SOCIETE GENERALE
- 25 Apr 19
IAAS Technical Leader - CDI - M/F-(H/F)
Société Générale is one of the biggest financial services groups in the euro zone.
With 150,000 employees worldwide, the group focuses its activity on three main businesses: Retail Banking & Financial Services, Asset Management & Investors' Services, Corporate & Investment Bank.
A 100% subsidiary of Société Générale Group, Société Générale Bank & Trust is the first foreign bank to be based in Luxembourg, renowned international financial center. Commercial Bank originally, we are now a bank delivering various services to a diversified international clientele.
- If you have a deep understanding of the Linux operating system and the services that run on top of it; if you are passionate by current IT transformation, with "APIsation" of operations, Cloud services, and Open Source solutions; If you are interested in being a part of a highly technical and innovative team, we'd love to meet you!
- You'll be working in an exciting and rapidly expanding environment deploying, monitoring, maintaining, and optimizing our systems while collaborating with a seasoned group of skilled engineers and developers from Luxembourg, and from around the world.
- You'll be contributing to the expansion of our Platform including a Private Cloud, a Public Cloud strategy, a Docker platform, an ITaaS service, which is helping maximize our IT efficiency.
Your role in a nutshell:
- Lead Production Activities for Linux Servers, mostly on Red Hat & CentOS Technology:
- Be part of an experienced team, and contribute to day to day life of production & non-production servers;
- On a defined scope of servers, propose & lead an improvement plans;
- Based on expertise, contribute and/or lead initiatives of development of internal services such as: Private Cloud, Docker infrastructure, Public Cloud study, exposure of Infrastructure operations through APIs, automation;
- Closely collaborate with the Team which maintain API platform, Docker Services, and overall automation Open source tooling;
- Promote the infrastructure strategy & roadmaps to our internal IT community.
Production Activities (30%)
- Lead day to day Support Activities in a highly virtualized server environment:
- Contribute to incidents & requests generated by the existing scope of Linux Servers;
- Assist Application Teams in setting-up applications: review architectures, assist in using IT APIs, and provide guidance in preparing infrastructure required;
- Legacy Management & Continuous Improvement;
- Participate to Production Management, Infrastructure Weekends, and couple of Disaster Recovery exercises organized within a year.
Contribute / Lead transformation on Automation, Private Cloud, Docker, and Open Source Technologies (40%)
- Work with Architects out of Luxembourg in order to enrich Société Générale private cloud services for Luxembourg;
- Lead automation of infrastructure operations, leveraging Société Générale Global API Framework, and producing local specificities;
- Participate to Evolution of MQ Platform / Introduce Rabbit MQ;
- Support containerization of applications, working with internal developer of applications.
Technical Leadership (30%)
- Expose IT strategy to internal developers' community;
- Participate regularly to agile meetings organized with internal developers;
- Inspire team members towards defined objectives.
You are familiar with:
- Red Hat Satellite, Patch Management, Puppet, Apache, TOMCAT, IBM MQ, Web Services, TSM, CentOS;
- VMware: Standard Virtualization Layers;
- Knowledge of Data-Center Activities, Hardware Monitoring, Consul, Vault, DNS Bind;
- ESXi I, VMWARE;
- Puppet, Python, REST Framework;
- Docker & General Experience of Container, using Swarm (or Kubernetes);
- IBM MQv9, Rabbit MQ;
- Interest on scripting/development tools is mandatory : Linux Shell, Python, Github, Open source technologies, Jira, Github;
- Strong Knowledge of storage market solutions (Nutanix, EMC, NetApp, DataDomain);
- Excellent communication skills required;
- Leadership experience appreciated;
- Position not subject to MIF II .
The successful candidate can expect to work in a dynamic environment which is both challenging and rewarding in a long-established financial institution in Luxembourg.
Our Recruitment process:
The short-listed candidates will be invited to perform a reasoning test, a personality questionnaire and to one or more face to face interviews in order to discuss about their experience, skills and values. In order to finalize the recruitment process, the selected candidate will have to present a certain number of supporting documents before his integration (copy of diplomas, proof of previous jobs, and possibly an extract of the criminal record (bulletin n ° 3 for the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg).