Head of Registration, Transfer Agency
- Location: Luxembourg
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the Head of Transfer Agency based in our Luxembourg office, the role is role is to take up the managing of the Registration and AML Team. The Registration Team is responsible for the creating of new investment records and maintaining existing Client, Investor and Agent records according to regulatory, compliance and operational requirements.
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Our recent acquisition of UBS Asset Management’s fund administration servicing units in Luxembourg and Switzerland and the decision to base our European Bank in Luxembourg demonstrates our commitment to the region. It has positioned Northern Trust in Luxembourg as a top 10 asset servicing provider.* There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
• Managing a team of approximately 12 people from Team Leaders to Analysts
• Managing Registration AND AML processes in Luxembourg and interactions between Luxembourg and Bangalore including completion of daily work, timely turnaround/delivery, procedure adherence, error measurement and mitigation.
• Ensuring that Registration responsibilities are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management.
• Workflow queue management, analysis and delivery to set KPI’s
• Escalation point for Luxembourg and Bangalore registration teams for unresolved matters either within Registration or other work streams in Transfer Agency.
• Proactive and participative leading and managing of the Control and Oversight functions in relation to the outsource agreement between Luxembourg and Bangalore and any other jurisdictions where Luxembourg TA provide service.
• Managing the compliance of Registration business to standards, procedures, guidance notes, regulation in relation to the registration function or where registration affects other processing areas, internally or externally to the Transfer Agency business. Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
• Maintains a close working relationship with other areas within the Transfer Agency business unit and other Divisions/Departments within Northern Trust
• Manage, maintain and participate in matters of Risk, Compliance, Audit and Control in relation to Registration and AML functions
• Actively participate and contribute to initiatives in relation to TA, Management, internal/external working groups and projects
• Adherence to Registration standard operating procedures and guidelines
• Observation of proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties by self and team.
• Compliance to related Northern Trust policies attributed to good corporate governance of People, Process and Systems by self and team
• Ensuring that KPIs are achieved in order to keep ASLs to a minimum.
• Managing and ongoing reduction of ASL loss to the Transfer Agency
• Foster and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships (Relationship
Managers, Clients, Risk, Compliance and AML, Central Bank of Luxembourg, FED, Clients, Advisors, Auditors, Trustee, Compliance and Shareholders)
• Drive the implementation of any change in the Registration AML area
Qualifications & Experience
• Knowledge of Transfer Agency Line of Business processing systems, more specifically in the aspects of Registration (MFTA is an asset),
• AML screening in relation to Financial Sanctions, PEP’s and adverse media
• Suspicious transaction monitoring and reporting
• Competent in Transfer Agency Workflow processing system and concepts
• Successfully led a team/teams
• Transfer Agency Registration – extensive working experience
• Project/Change management skills and experience
• Effective risk management
• Customer Service and relationship experience
• Computer literate: Lotus Notes / Microsoft email, Microsoft Excel, Word
• Collective Investment Schemes / Hedge Fund administration
• An understanding of investment product administration
• Strong and up to date Knowledge of KYC - AML applicable laws and regulations
• Financial Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons, Customer Due Diligences and its differing levels and aspects
• Clear understanding of the inter-relationship between Registration and AML
• Role and inter-relationship between Administrator/Custodian//Investment Manager
• Strong understanding of the Outsourcing and the managing of outsource relationships
• Transfer Agency Registration and Dealing process
• FATCA, CRS, ERISA
• A strong / high level of the below:
• Provide guidance and support to reporting staff
• Understand principles of quality delivery
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Planning / Organisational skills
• Work under pressure and unsupervised
• Interpersonal / Team player
• Self-motivated / Own initiative
• Ability to stay focussed / tenacious
• Ability to take initiative and constantly propose improvements
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $131 billion in banking assets
• $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
• $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.