Head of Fund Accounting
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc, Luxembourg Branch
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Head of Fund Accounting
Headquartered in London, HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. With more than 6,300 offices in both established and emerging markets, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We serve around 54 million customers through our four Global Businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking. Our network covers 75 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East, Africa, North America and Latin America.
Listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges, shares in HSBC Holdings plc are held by about 216,000 in 131 countries and territories.
The HSBC Group in Luxemburg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our securities services activities in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Head of Fund Accounting
Role and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be heading the Fund Accounting function in the Luxembourg Office. The role will reporting into the Head of Service Delivery in Luxembourg.
The Fund Accounting function is responsible for the servicing of the Fund Clients. The team is made up of a number of qualified, dynamic and motivated individuals with numerous years of experience within the industry.
The main functions of the team is to oversee a predominantly off-shored production model, as well as dealing with our clients’ requirements, queries and change programmes. Identifying and proactively mitigating risks in our operating environment is also a constant prerogative for the team and, as a Head of the team, the senior manager needs to constantly promote such an approach.
The team services clients across various regions and supports multiple client strategies including UCITS, Fund of Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds. To service these requirements, we use dedicated and specialised Accounting platforms.
The main functions of the role is to oversee both the operational teams locally and the offshored aspects of our production model. We envisage the candidate to be client centric, dealing with our clients’ requirements, queries, regulatory and change programmes. Identifying and pro-actively mitigating risks in our operating environment is also a constant prerogative for the team and, as a Head of the team, he/she needs to constantly drive such an approach.
The Head of Fund Accounting would be responsible for implementing the strategy of the bank within his/her team. He/She will be required to actively participate in the development of our client base and service offering. The Head of this Department will also be involved in the on-boarding and launching of funds for the bank’s current and future clients. To achieve this, he/she will be involved in assessing the requirements of this future business, perform capacity planning and provide technical assistance to the change delivery teams.
He/She will be required to continuously interact with the bank’s clients, understanding their requirements and be the escalation point for the department. The selected candidate, along with his/her direct reports, will be responsible for the efficient day to day running of the team and to ensure that the output is both timely and accurate. To achieve this, the Head of the team is required to guide and support the team with enthusiasm and professionalism. The chosen candidate will be required to maintain, document, enforce and enhance an effective control environment as well as leading the governance and oversight of the off-shored processes.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the performance, reward, training and development management of the individuals in the department. He/she will also be expected to work effectively with his/her peers within Service Delivery and also other departments within the bank.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Support the implementation the Regulatory Framework at a local level.
• Monitor and drive the department’s risk framework
• Contribute to the preparation and execution of the financial plans of the entity
• Define and implement the strategy of Fund Accounting function in Luxembourg
• Innovate and enhance the Fund Accounting Product Offering through identifying and implementing new initiatives
• Actively represent HSS at ALFI, Industry Conferences and Events.
• Collaborate with other HSS jurisdictions and Fund Accounting Product regionally and globally
• Supervision of Service Providers (internal and external)
Professional skills and experience:
• Dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated person
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional qualification, preferably in Accounting, Banking or Finance;
• 10+ years relevant management experience in the provision of fund accounting services with a significant amount of experience of UCITS fund structures and products;
• Strong organisational skills and able to work under pressure, managing multiple deadlines, with a commitment to service quality;
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with ability to deal with internal audiences as well as clients and intermediaries at senior level;
• Proven abilities in managing virtual teams and working across cultures in a global business context.
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate and develop a group of high performing individuals;
• Fluent English essential, knowledge of other European languages would be a definite advantage.
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.