FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Head of Compliance
Head of Compliance (Luxembourg) My client a leading independent broker providing trading services in Forex, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) and Spread Betting is looking to recruit a Head of Compliance to ensure that the Company complies with the regulatory requirements arising from relevant financial services legislation and to manage the local Compliance Team.
Head of Compliance (Luxembourg)
My client a leading independent broker providing trading services in Forex, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) and Spread Betting is looking to recruit a Head of Compliance to ensure that the Company complies with the regulatory requirements arising from relevant financial services legislation and to manage the local Compliance Team.
* Design, build and implement a compliance framework to ensure the Company meets its regulatory responsibilities.
* Establish and maintain appropriate policies, procedures, systems and controls in relation to regulatory compliance and financial crime.
* Design and implement a Compliance Monitoring Plan to assess those systems and controls and provide remediation plans where required.
* Liaise with all areas of the business to provide sound advice and guidance in relation to regulatory matters and consider the regulatory risks associated with new business initiatives.
* Deliver expert technical and regulatory support to the Board of Directors, as required, to enable them to make strategic decisions within the relevant regulatory framework.
* Deliver a training and competency framework across the Company.
* Effectively deal with any complaints raised by clients.
* Oversee the outsourcing of client money systems and controls.
* Be directly responsible for the client on-boarding process, manage any outsourcing arrangements in this regard and review and investigate any higher-risk clients where required, including PEPs.
* Review and sign off all financial promotions.
* Provide detailed management information to the Board, including the delivery of KRIs/KPIs.
* Act as a point of contact for regulatory bodies, auditors (both internal and external), group companies and external organisations, as appropriate and provide relevant reports to CSSF where required.
* Keep up to date with key changes to regulation and legislation that will impact the business.
* Provide support and guidance to the Compliance Team and take responsibility for the development of individual team members.
* Serve as a member of the Risk and Audit Committees, as appropriate.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Strong academic background, educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably law, economics or business.
* 5-7 years compliance experience gained within an EU regulated firm.
* Thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory framework in which the Company operates.
* Gravitas to command respect of colleagues on sometimes contentious issues.
* Business empathy - ability to see and respond to all sides of a debate.
* Ability to communicate at all levels both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of FX/CFD broker products an advantage.
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick