Head of Alternatives
Head Of Alternatives Luxembourg Role
• Based in our Luxembourg office and reporting to the Global Fund Services COO in Luxembourg you will have overall responsibility for the delivery of Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure Fund Administration and Regulatory Reporting Services to our Clients in Luxembourg. Responsibilities
• Has responsibility for the development and execution of the departments strategic plans, goals and priorities and ensuring they are consistent with those of the wider Irish business;
• Owns service delivery for our Alternatives clients and has active engagement with senior representatives from those clients. Builds strong and effective relationships with each of our clients to identify solutions to meet client needs or appropriate actions to address client issues;
• Plays a lead role in business development opportunities with fund administration prospects with Alternative asset classes;
• Escalation point for technical and critical issues raised, whether internally or client related;
• Monitors the competitive business climate, technology trends and government activities in the areas of current and anticipated products and services;
• Manages the operational team, encourages an environment of employee participation, teamwork, open communication and engagement;
• Manages and supports business outsourced from other Northern Trust offices;
• Has responsibility for setting the area's budget and for managing the area to meet that budget;
• Plays a key leadership role and contributes to the management, growth and success of the Luxembourg business;
• Participates in cross-jurisdiction Private Equity and Real Estate initiatives to implement best practices and improve the performance of operations;
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with vendors, relevant regulatory bodies and external advisors; Skills / Experience
• Graduate degree or relevant professional qualification;
• Experience in a senior role within an industry leading global fund administration services organization;
• Demonstrated experience in Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure funds - either through fund administration or investment management experience.
• Proven experience in developing and building client relationships;
• Experience in Managing and developing large operational teams;
• Excellent management and leadership skills;
• Knowledge and experience of operating within a heavily regulated environment. About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.