HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,526bn at 30th September 2017, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our securities services activities in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Financial Reporting Assistant Manager (IFRS/LUX GAAP/German Speaker)
Role and Responsibilities:
The Financial Reporting Team prepares periodic (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual) and annual financial statements for all funds under the administration of the bank. The team provides support to the clients and to the auditors in all matters related to the audit of the annual report and the preparation of the long form report. The team serves as the interface between the bank, the auditors, the clients and the regulators in all matters relating to the production of financial statements of the funds under administration.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team, in the role of Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting.
In this role, you will:
• Ensure integrity, accuracy and timeliness of all financial reporting deliverables;
• Ensure financial statements are prepared within the required standards and meet the latest reporting requirements;
• Provide full support and guidance to the staff within the Luxembourg and the international teams and assist staff members in all aspects as required by the role in order for the service delivery to be met;
• Review financial statements of complex fund structures prepared by the international teams and ensure accuracy of all accounts, notes and disclosures, including adequate classification and disclosures of securities and derivatives with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Coordinate, review and monitor the preparation of Long Form Reports and ensure the issue of clean audit management letters;
• Maintain comprehensive calendars for your respective financial reporting deliverables and events;
• Plan and manage the audits and ensure good relationships are maintained with our primary contacts. Liaise with internal and external parties in order to arrange for approval, signing and filing of financial statements within deadlines;
• Ensure internal and external audit procedures and controls are followed, reviewed, managed and completed.
Professional skills and experience:
• University degree in Finance or equivalent professional qualification, preferably in Audit, Accounting or Finance;
• Previous experience of at least 5 years within the Investment Fund Industry, specialised in Financial Reporting and sound accounting process understanding. Experience with Private Asset structures would be an advantage;
• Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, would be an advantage;
• Sound knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the Luxembourg Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (LuxGAAP), as they pertain to investment funds. Knowledge of any other GAAPs would be an advantage;
• In depth knowledge of AIFMD;
• Proven ability to organise workloads, to work efficiently and independently, but also highly motivated with aptitude for team work;
• Ability to meet targets and deadlines;
• Ability to work independently and deliver work with the required quality;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Very good command of Excel, Word, Access and affinity with fund industry software packages. Knowledge of ICON, Advent-Geneva, Vitech-V3 would be an advantage ;
• Excellent command of English, both in spoken and written, together with excellent communication skills. Knowledge of other European languages such as French and German would be an advantage;
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.