Financial Controller, Global Private Equity Fund, Luxembourg
A well-renowned private equity and credit company is looking to add a Financial Controller to its growing finance team in Luxembourg. This is a superb opportunity to join a global and highly professional team.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach with a positive attitude and be excited by the opportunity to take responsibility. The role requires a keen eye for detail and ownership. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates from a Big 4 Transactions Tax/Audit, Fund Administration or PE Fund Accounting background to take the next step in their career with a leading fund. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately review the legal step plan/ tax structuring deck made available by the advisors
- Finance review of the legal documentation
- Coordination, monitoring and review of the correct implementation of the tax structure
- Coordination, monitoring and review for any Lux related cash flow.
- Coordination with Lux legal colleagues for the organization of any meeting of board members instrumental to the approval of the transaction and participation during board meetings to provide Finance related information/commentary.
- Coordination, monitoring and review with accounting agents, auditors, tax advisors for any finance and accounting information needed for the correct execution of the transaction.
- Liaise with advisors / administrators on monthly, quarterly and annual VAT returns and financial statements
- Prepare and review the legal documentation regarding the movements on capital and financial instruments during the year for each specific company in her /his respective portfolio and the documentation relating to the approval of the financial statements
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance/Accounting/Law (or similar)
- Previous experience working in private equity is desirable, including audit or administration of Private Equity/Venture Capital funds
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of your work
- A team player who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment