- Permanent, Full time
- One Ten Associates
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
A multi-national real estate investment management firm serving a global client base which primarily invests in commercial real estate is seeking to appoint a senior finance professional to take ownership of the finance, accounting and tax across all European investment funds and properties. This role will be based in Luxembourg.
Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage, recruit, and provide exceptional leadership and mentorship to the Investor Reporting team members based in Luxembourg and Warsaw
- Manage and take responsibility for investor reporting for all funds and separate accounts including taking a lead role in managing the relationships and service of external fund accounting service providers
- Implement and maintain policies, procedures and internal controls for financial processes.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial tracking and reporting under local accounting standards, IFRS, INREV reporting guidelines and US GAAP, as necessary.
- Assists Acquisitions group in the closing process and insuring investment structures and capital calls are put in place when necessary.
- Monitor the investment structures for compliance with legal and tax regulations.
- Take a lead role in ensuring all compliance matters including AIFMD requirements are being performed.
- Ensure compliance with financing documents.
- Maintain relationships with outside accounting, audit, and tax professionals.
- Assist portfolio and asset management group in monitoring and analyzing performance of investments.
- Actively participant with senior management in liaising with investors with respect to accounting and financial reporting issues.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of IFRS, and INREV guidelines and US GAAP. Knowledge of Luxembourg accounting standards and US GAAP a plus.
- Knowledge of AIFMD and other relevant compliance regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal control and related compliance issues.
- General tax knowledge and ability to manage tax structures of transactions and investment funds.
- Knowledge of issues, procedures and practices associated with developing and maintaining a finance function for Luxembourg based investment vehicles.
- Ability to respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to conclusion along with the ability to effectively resolve problems and negotiate solutions.
- Demonstrates sound and accurate judgment.
- Ability to effectively manage and develop staff, including management staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- High potential accounting/finance leader who is looking for an opportunity for career growth and the chance to contribute to a well-respected, fast-growing and dynamic organization
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing an accounting or audit function in a corporate environment or public accounting firm. Property experience is a plus.
- Experience performing or auditing investment fund consolidations.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience. Qualified accountant ideally.
- Experience managing a team with proven exceptional client service delivery
- The ability to perform multiple projects, navigate through unexpected challenges, and bring about viable solutions that provide the best results