Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our CEO Statement.
Main purpose of role:
The Project Manager of Legal, Risk and Compliance for New Client On-boarding will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry and Transfer Agency - with extensive knowledge of the Regulatory requirements in both Ireland and Luxembourg, solid understanding of Legal frameworks, Risk frameworks and Oversight models.
The Project Manager will take the lead role in the management of the Legal/Risk and Compliance work stream of large onboarding projects across Europe. You will be expected to direct, plan and execute the work stream activities in collaboration with the Programme and Project managers as well other key stakeholders within IFDS and State Street Legal, Risk, Compliance and Oversight teams and the client.
The incumbent will possess expert knowledge of Business Operations and how that is impacted by Regulations, and how to evaluate Risk. The incumbent will work closely and provide support to Sales and Development, Operational Readiness, Operations and various other key stakeholders.
- Management of the work stream of Legal/Compliance and Risk for client on-boarding projects. operational readiness
- Lead in client project calls and Governance for this work stream leveraged SME in these areas as needed.
- Internal Senior Management Steering meeting participation
- Management of work stream Meetings
- Proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle including of all required signoffs
- Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are in agreement with the resolution steps
- Works within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used and required resources are procured.
- Must be willing to travel as part of the role - mostly between Ireland, Lux and UK.
- Manage playbooks/project plans to ensure tasks/ deliverables and timelines are met.
- Manage expectations of key stakeholders end ensure transparency in all communication.
- Provide frequent progress/ status reporting
- Presenting non- standard processes to the Risk forums and ensure Risk assessment are in place and regularly reviewed for all client onboarding.
- Ensure that any new delegated tasks are captured and appropriate approvals are sought per regulator.
- Manage and report on any legal requirements to support onboarding a new client – in collaboration with the legal teams. The incumbents will ensure all 3rd party agreement are in place for new operating model.
- Coordinate with the Oversight team to ensure an appropriate Oversight model is in place prior to go live and the project has provided the supporting information.
- The incumbent will work closely and provide support to the new business implementation teams and various other key stakeholders. The incumbent may be required to support smaller projects in the new business implementation team.
- Assist more senior colleagues and deputize in their absence
- Demonstrate ownership of issues to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices, market data and new product rollouts with particular focus on regulatory changes.
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive New Client Onboarding playbook and ensure all tasks are delivered / completed on a timely basis.
- Be actively engaged as a member of the new business development teams by partnering with the Sales organization in RFP responses, site visits preparation and delivery.
- Cultivate open communication with clients and business partners in an effort to identify opportunities to improve processes and methodologies
- Delivery of presentations to potential new clients demonstrating why IFDS should be their strategic partner
Risk & Regulatory
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately
- Data Protection Lead for Onboarding team
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities;
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the client (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership in all tasks and interactions
- Must be willing to travel as part of the role - mostly between Ireland, Lux and UK.
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Regulatory requirements for the funds industry, as it applies to Transfer Agency administration.
- Previous Project Management skills – formal or informal
- Demonstrated knowledge of Risk frameworks
- Excellent understanding of Legal frameworks
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership skills including initiative, accountability, credibility, and consensus building.
- Ability to manage direct and indirect reports in a virtual team setting
- Ability to influence stakeholder in a virtual setting in a multi-cultural environment
- Detailed understanding of mutual fund products and thorough understanding of distribution channels and requirements in terms of client and product needs in investment management market.
- Very strong verbal and written skills, as well as high level of interpersonal skill to interact with senior business professionals.
- Well-developed decision making, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to engage internal stakeholders across a number of different functional areas.
- Client Service orientation, with a proven ability to work with clients and internal groups to diagnose and develop solutions.
- Proven project management skills, with strong attention to detail and flexibility to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with meticulous attention to detail
- Positive impact – performs in a manner that makes a strong positive impression on others; e.g., high energy level, a problem-solving approach, approachable; and the ability to act with a sense of urgency when required.
- Previous experience in a role with Regulatory/Compliance and or Risk
- Previous experience on-boarding clients in the fund industry
- Undergraduate degree.
- Experience with analysis and project life cycle methodologies as well as an understanding of the implementation project life cycle is preferred.
- Proactive in acquiring information to develop new skills to improve job performance; grasps new material quickly and easily, and applies new information, concepts and procedures in a constructive manner.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to enhance process improvement capabilities.
- Understanding of investment concepts and the ability to communicate a working knowledge of investment strategies and products
- Knowledge of the mutual fund processing and quality control; call centres and the administrative back-office.
- Knowledge of European Mutual Fund Record Keeping Systems and Transfer Agency operations.
- Requires comparative product knowledge and industry knowledge; knowledge of financial investment markets, trends and competitive framework.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, including the ability to present to a C-suite audience.